Anyone interested in riding in the Kaslo area?

KasloHotel

Reaction score
Anyone interested in riding in the Kaslo Area?

I’m representing a brand new hotel located in the picturesque Kaslo BC. Hidden in the Selkirk Mountains surrounded by some of the best... secret trails in the Kootenay’s.

The hotel wants to offer snowmobilers the chance to stay... and experience what we have to offer.

Rates are negotiable, packaged lunches and dinner deals available.
We offer 1 and 2 bed guest rooms as well as condos with 1-3 bedrooms (max sleeps 8)

Cheers, Leanne

I can show you where to ride, where you'll be one of the only sleds on the mountain! :eek:

foxyquad

Reaction score
I'll let a couple of my friends know for sure. Would you be interested in doing something similar with Quads in the summer?

KasloHotel

Reaction score
Nice post and a positive way to drum up business! You mentioned that rates are negotiable. Does that mean you will compete with the Windsor in Trout??? just asking....
Thanks! Give me a shout, the price depends on # of people and nights of stay. I'd love to chat more about what we could offer your group. leanne@kaslohotel.com.
Cheers and Happy New Year!
Leanne

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in riding in the Kaslo Area?

I’m representing a brand new hotel located in the picturesque Kaslo BC. Hidden in the Selkirk Mountains surrounded by some of the best... secret trails in the Kootenay’s.

The hotel wants to offer snowmobilers the chance to stay... and experience what we have to offer.

Rates are negotiable, packaged lunches and dinner deals available.
We offer 1 and 2 bed guest rooms as well as condos with 1-3 bedrooms (max sleeps 8)

Cheers, Leanne

I can show you where to ride, where you'll be one of the only sleds on the mountain! :eek:

I gatta say i had dinner at the kaslo hotel literally 3 days ago. It was awasome food, service was great, and while i was eating my dinner i am thinking i should have stayed here for my 3 days haha. Its great to see someone promoting this, and willing to let you know where some riding areas are. I know at the valhalla inn, where i was staying at, they were not very accomedating on some good riding areas thats for sure. Myself, i will definately be back and most likely this year sometime. No crowds and great snow, and the locals are more friendly here than in new denver.

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are the roads in Summer to the actual Hotel? If rates are reasonable, we do a summer bike trip to the interior every year, and one of our runs is Kaslo to New Denver...Might provide us better lodgings than a tent at a KOA campground! Do you have a hot tub?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice post and a positive way to drum up business! You mentioned that rates are negotiable. Does that mean you will compete with the Windsor in Trout??? just asking....

pretty sure they shut the windsor down wasnt open when I was there couple weeks back

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very positive post I would be very interested even though i'm from cranbrook it always make a nice break and get away for a weekend

KasloHotel

Reaction score
I gatta say i had dinner at the kaslo hotel literally 3 days ago. It was awasome food, service was great, and while i was eating my dinner i am thinking i should have stayed here for my 3 days haha. Its great to see someone promoting this, and willing to let you know where some riding areas are. I know at the valhalla inn, where i was staying at, they were not very accomedating on some good riding areas thats for sure. Myself, i will definately be back and most likely this year sometime. No crowds and great snow, and the locals are more friendly here than in new denver.
I'm surprised to hear that. I looked on their web and they seemed to really promote snowmobiling.
Thank's for the great comments by the way, very glad to hear you had a good experience. Wouldn't want it to be anything less.
Please think of us next time you're in the area.
Where did you end up going riding if I may ask??
Cheers,
Leanne

KasloHotel

Reaction score
pretty sure they shut the windsor down wasnt open when I was there couple weeks back
I've been trying to call them as well. No answer. Heard the owners seperated and the place was up for sale last time I checked.
We can't compare to their prices, but we can't compare to their quality either :p

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ya, they are super good. ive been riding in kaslo for my whole life. we got something for everyone out here, you like mellow trail rides, lets go up bucannon. you want crazy tree riding???? utica mines it is....u want a little of everything????then we can check out empire.....endless terrain, good people, and you better belive that the little pub downstairs at the hotel gets rippen on the weekends!!!! BTW, first snow and mud post for me, im a snowester. im liking this.....

KasloHotel

Reaction score
How are the roads in Summer to the actual Hotel? If rates are reasonable, we do a summer bike trip to the interior every year, and one of our runs is Kaslo to New Denver...Might provide us better lodgings than a tent at a KOA campground! Do you have a hot tub?
The roads in the summer are superb, expecially for riding. Some of the best roads in BC to ride actually.. so i've been told by others, I've never been on a bike :)
The hotel itself is actually listed in 'Belt Drive Betty' as one of the 'Biker friendly accomodations' in the area.
We have great group rates and could work something out if you are interested in staying.

Cheers,

Leanne
250-353-7714

98sumitt

Reaction score
I stayed there last summer on my way through on my bike. Very nice place. I will be back for sure next summer and possibly this winter for sledding if I can get away.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you have for secured parking, I know it's only Kaslo but still the same it's nice to know your toys aren't going to be missing in the AM! :D

KasloHotel

Reaction score
What do you have for secured parking, I know it's only Kaslo but still the same it's nice to know your toys aren't going to be missing in the AM! :D
You're right... it's only Kaslo and that should be peace of mind enough. We've never had an issue, bikers, boaters and snomobilers alike that have stayed at the hotel or in town.
The parking available at the hotel is all public access. Front street is very well lit and the parking in the back has video survalence in some areas from the hotel. You could also back your trailers right up to the hotel as well, your room would/could overlook your vehicles at night. There isn't a room in the hotel that doesn't have view of either street.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leanne, can you ride right from the hotel? My crew and I are looking for a place to ride and do some filming for a couple of days... Is there any one around that could take us out and show us some good chutes, cornice/cliff drops etc? We're filming for Krazy Canadian and Sledbetties.

Thanks,
Amy E

KasloHotel

Reaction score
Leanne, can you ride right from the hotel? My crew and I are looking for a place to ride and do some filming for a couple of days... Is there any one around that could take us out and show us some good chutes, cornice/cliff drops etc? We're filming for Krazy Canadian and Sledbetties.

Thanks,
Amy E
No, you'd have to drive to get to the hills, but it's not that far of a drive.
I'm sure I could find someone to take you out for sure!

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks,
Amy E

we got tons of that stuff....if i had some boost there would be tracks up the middle of all of it, but i dont. so there isnt any lol....u buy the beer at the end of the day and ill take you to some crazy stuff....lol

Top Bottom