Anyone here lose their job?

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had this happen to me sort of but there will be plenty of work fixing there shoddy work in the future.

Sent from my iPhone while wishing the snow was gone so I can go dirt biking.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're not far behind America. The have's and have not's. politics are so dangerous now with the economy going global. Someday we may all work in different parts of the world.

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just seen on news that this is totally legal. what a bunch of ch!t. some government program. I know theres a lot of proud Canadians and I was one of them. im starting to lose faith. Do we as taxpayers and voters seriously have a say in what goes on? or do they just let us think that. did anyone here know that there was a government program that would allow a company to come in one day and take jobs away and then give them to someone else the next day? im not a racist person but how is it that we cant take care of our own issues here with starving kids, homeless, people out of work, but we can pay to have others come in to Canada and literally take our jobs away? these guys had no warning and were told to go home. jobs done. then immediately hire immigrant workers for 1/3 of the wage. what a joke. sorry for the rant but wake up Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

mikecbi

Reaction score
Alot of our own people dont want to go work up in the mac and would rather sit on ei. The tfw's dont mean shtty quality these guys take pride in there work maybe more than the whinny union guys do.

Even forigners like to ride sleds and drive jacked up chevys!!!!!!

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alot of our own people dont want to go work up in the mac and would rather sit on ei. The tfw's dont mean shtty quality these guys take pride in there work maybe more than the whinny union guys do.

very much agreed. I have no problem with outside help particulairly now that the oilpatch is so busy. we have a huge shortage of workers. But I believe that guys and girls that are currently working, and lose their jobs to foreigners is so wrong. organized "LEGAL" crime is exactly what it is. its never going to change. even if we all went and voted, the job will still go to the political party with the most money and contacts. as far as the peeps that would rather sit home and collect EI, start drug testing and alcohol swabbing before the checks are cut. if you want the government to take care of you, then jump through the hoops. I personaly work an average of 25-35 days straight at minimum 14hrs a day. I would welcome the help. but I wouldn't be too happy if my bro that I work with was told to stay home so that a foreigner can come make money, because the government had some agreement to employ people that aren't Canadians.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree with you there are far to many able bodies in this country sitting on their lazy arse collecting tax payer money. However those foreign workers will never be buying sleds, trucks, quads or likely homes. They will take everything they earn back to their country of origin. Our economy loses. :mad:

Last edited:

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

very much agreed. I have no problem with outside help particulairly now that the oilpatch is so busy. we have a huge shortage of workers. But I believe that guys and girls that are currently working, and lose their jobs to foreigners is so wrong. organized "LEGAL" crime is exactly what it is. its never going to change. even if we all went and voted, the job will still go to the political party with the most money and contacts. as far as the peeps that would rather sit home and collect EI, start drug testing and alcohol swabbing before the checks are cut. if you want the government to take care of you, then jump through the hoops. I personaly work an average of 25-35 days straight at minimum 14hrs a day. I would welcome the help. but I wouldn't be too happy if my bro that I work with was told to stay home so that a foreigner can come make money, because the government had some agreement to employ people that aren't Canadians. also agreed that most foreighners are very pride driven when it comes to work. unlike the Canadians that think that they are owed something. don't take my opinions the wrong way, I just don't think that what went down is right. would anyone on this site agree to pass a bill or law or somekind of agreement (im not political) that says you can be layed off at any time to employee someone from somewhere other than Canada?

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't really think industry has made an effort to train Canadians Everybody is always whining about a shortage of skilled workers but I just don't any companies offering skills training.

If we really don't have enough Canadians to do the work, maybe we should slow down a bit, all the wages TFW make leave our country forever...

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm literally sitting across from 4 LMO's in the middle of no where in Fort Mcmurray and they are all great trades men and their quality of work is top notch. That being said Canadian jobs should go to Canadian workers first and when there isn't enough workers here bring in help, no problem.
These guys I'm working with are all from Europe and they are telling me this is exactly what went on over there and its why they are here working!

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am actually on the sidelines looking at this right now. Personally deal with one of the contractors mentioned in the cbc blip. CBC failed to mention the fact that the workers let go had there skill level questioned (poorly trained maybe, or lack of) as well as sketchy work ethics. I am married to a Brit that in now Canadian and challenge anyone to dare and try to fill her shoes at where she works. I sure as hell won't!! Air Traffic is not a job you can be good at operated at 80% (just saying).

It has been argued time and time again the union as great as they are at times are equally as poor. In concept the unions are awesome but over time have been tainted with playing the numbers games, inflated wages and politics. For the most part they protect the ones that can't or don't want to work like professionals. Please do not get me wrong, there are a lot of professionals out there still hammering it out day in and day out. Canada is a very different place compared the rest of the world when it comes to "tolerance" with a lot of things, this "tolerance" has been misguided by the Rights of Canadians and have replaced things like pride, honest days pay for an honest days work bla bla bla.

Just so everyone is clear. The guys coming in from Croatia will be making the same wages the guys getting let go where making. It is law and is followed. Difference is bang for the buck. Union or not you want to keep your job work for it that's what it boils down to, as a Canadian it is not a right. I was raised to work hard everyday and had my "fall from grace" because of the union ways in the oilsands. Did I complain to the union, no. I found another job, changed my way of thinking and worked my way back into ther respect I wanted as it has been earned for a second time.

As bad as this sounds if the IW union wins this one the guys returning to work will only make it worse and coast "to prove a point" that unions are powerful and you mess with them "we will hurt you in the pocket book" mentality. It would be awesome if they get the work back and prove me and the companies wrongs but I seriously can't see, (refer to earlier comments about unions being tainted and driven by politics).

I will say I don't agree with bringing workers into the country to replace those who can do the job. Problem is the definition of who can do the job and what is it worth, dollars and schedule as well as safe. There folks is the real argument. My take on that, Canada needs to push with funding, awareness and what ever else it takes to get people into school to learn. Proper apprentiships with competent mentors. My supervisor is a permanent resident btw, I respect the man and his qualifications without a doubt. Can't say that about some of my former supervisors that is for damn sure.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Alberta Federation of Labour said that 65 of its ironworkers were laid off on Tuesday. The workers’ paystubs say they were being paid by a company called Pacer Promec Joint Venture.
Federation president Gil McGowan said the employees were immediately dismissed from their jobs at Imperial Oil’s Kearl oil sands mine.
“They called the guys into an office, told them that they were gone, and they literally walked past the replacements on the way out,” McGowan said.
He alleged the foreign workers from Croatia are making about $18 an hour — half the wage of the Canadians.

Oil sands workers complain they were laid off and replaced by foreigners making half the wage | Financial Post

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What Canadian tickets do they have? Do the tfw's have a red seal program where they are from? I spent thousands of dollars in training to get my red seal. If they are equally qualified than they should be able to present one as well.

Yes I'm fully aware just because you have a red seal doesn't mean you have the necessary skills, but it's not the point. Look at the job postings out there, most are looking for a red seal and or alberta provincial jman ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread, but since the subject of Oil Sands came up. It appears that our dictator Obama won't give Sec. of State Kerry the okay to sign off on the XL Pipeline, citing bs environmental concerns. Meanwhile, major share holder of the exploding trains and huge Obama and Dem contributor, Omaha billionaire Warren Buffet, seems to have a pretty sweet deal transporting oil. Nevermind that there are already about 80 pipelines between the two countries, but gawd forbid another one be built with all the modern updates. It sounds like the US stands to lose out to China, big time.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

" McGowan said.
He alleged the foreign workers from Croatia are making about $18 an hour — half the wage of the Canadians. "

I've heard that this is not true, as per the books. What happens is the Croatian guys are paid Canadian wages but have to shell out a % to somebody for getting them the job in Canada, it is that fact I would like the know the real deal behind the scenes. If true that on paper workers coming to Canada are paid Canadian wages but only take home half due to "brokerage" fees....(sounds like human trafficing and trade type stuff to me) that is wrong and some D Bag is make a boat load of cash bilking Canadians out of a living.

The conversations in the office I am in are getting intense. At least from what I hear the IW union is fighting to keep the jobs Canadian union or non it doesn't matter just keep them Canadian. Good on them for that much.

Reaction score
Website
www.echographics.ca
... This is why I make alberta shaped stickers that say "phuk off were full" for guys all the time... just sayin.

Seriously though... this is our own government enabling companies to rip off our own people, our natural resources, and our medical system. These LMO's will most likely bring over every aged and sickly relative they are to receive our world class healthcare for free, while the companies make more money that's obviously going into CEO's pockets not the employee's or ours.... I don't see the price of gas going down, do you?

Sadly its our own damn fault because our kids don't want to work at McDonalds or Timmies which in turn is why the government put out the foreign worker program in the first place. When I was 15 you know what I was doing.. working at Subway! and paying rent to my folks... what are my 15year old cousins doing.. playing damn video games and breaking smartphones every 2 months only to have mommy and daddy run out an by them a new one.

The program itself is geared to rape Canadian's while putting money into the companies pockets, I was replaced at a shop I worked at by a german fella a year or so ago.. this is how it worked... The company pays him HALF! my wage, the government gives him a subsidiary compensation to said wage and he actually winds up making more per hour than I was... but the company is only paying him half... meaning the owner then makes more profit... (well not in this case because I worked 3 times faster and I do a way better job , but you get the point)... the other part of his wage is paid by... your everyday taxpayer.... yep... in a sense I'm paying the guy who took my job, how's that for being bent over with no lube?

No here's the real kick in the nuts... I found out that on top of this.. he gets a living allowance to help pay his food, natural gas, ect ect... his wife and kid also get free healthcare, and he doesn't have to pay any special fees to send his kid to a special school, in fact he gets money for gas because the school is more than 50k away or some bullch!t.. REALLY!...

You want to come to MY COUNTRY and work.. fine.. but you should have to follow MY COUNTRIES rules and regulations, you should have to pay MY COUNTRY taxes just like the rest of us, MY COUNTRY shouldn't be paying your ass to work, that's your EMPLOYERS job!

Oh... wait... I forgot it isn't MY COUNTRY... its the immigrant's country now.

Top Bottom