Anyone have any actual seat time in a pioneer 1000-5?

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, going to be selling my prowler 1000 and looking for something else. was pretty set to move to a commander since our dealer is awesome. Then I started looking at the pioneer 1000-5 deluxe. I gotta say, Honda might have something here. Not as sporty feeling in the cab as the commander. But is supposed to lay a spanking on them in a drag race. I do have 3 kids, so the ability to take all 5 of us out in one machine is pretty appealing. especially that if the kids aren't coming, the seat fold into the floor for hauling gear hunting and such. Biggest concern: will have the fun factor Honda usually has - getting passed by a geriatric on a scooter.
Any real experience with it would be appreciated. ON THE 1000, not 500,700.

motoman05

Reaction score
I just picked up my pioneer 1000-5 on Monday. I really havent driven it much yet (has 3 KM on it now). I have driven RZRs and vikings. To me this thing is far and above any other side by side for my needs.
I love the rear folding seats, you can have a box if you need it but its not like driving a bus on the trail. Its really quiet. it is fast for a utility SXS. So far the shifting feels spot on. I really can't give a good review yet bcause of my limited time with it. I am trail clearing in Ministik tomorrow and hopefully will know more then.

Attachments

• IMG_0988.JPG
    IMG_0988.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_0990.JPG
    IMG_0990.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 402

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
turple brothers has honda demo days today out at tail creek which is hwy21 and hwy12 south into from 12 to 5 and will have the pioneer 1000 there not sure if its the 5 or not but was told if you want to check it out just come with a helmet

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, going to be selling my prowler 1000 and looking for something else. was pretty set to move to a commander since our dealer is awesome. Then I started looking at the pioneer 1000-5 deluxe. I gotta say, Honda might have something here. Not as sporty feeling in the cab as the commander. But is supposed to lay a spanking on them in a drag race. I do have 3 kids, so the ability to take all 5 of us out in one machine is pretty appealing. especially that if the kids aren't coming, the seat fold into the floor for hauling gear hunting and such. Biggest concern: will have the fun factor Honda usually has - getting passed by a geriatric on a scooter.
Any real experience with it would be appreciated. ON THE 1000, not 500,700.

just got back from demoing one and am definatly impressed fun factor IS there and susp definatly seems good as well
two thumbs up from my little ride

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only got to ride around the lot as they don't have a true demo at my dealer. Did you find the transmission to work well? Will it throw its ass around a corner if you push it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only got to ride around the lot as they don't have a true demo at my dealer. Did you find the transmission to work well? Will it throw its ass around a corner if you push it?

Was hoping u seen earlier as tail creek is only 40 min south of camrose.
The transmission worked incredible and I think you would be hard pressed to justify using the paddle shift over just the automatic sport setting, even going down a few decent hills it always seemed to be in the right gear and had very good engine braking.
Yes no problem throwing the ass around when u want to. the seating/controls definatly are on par with the utility machines not uncomfortable at all but...
the suspension was really quite impressive (rode the 700 afterwords and cannot say the same of it, so the course definatly was suffecient for terrain/obstacles.
seems like it would have no problems turning a set of moderate 30" tires

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I just picked up my pioneer 1000-5 on Monday. I really havent driven it much yet (has 3 KM on it now). I have driven RZRs and vikings. To me this thing is far and above any other side by side for my needs.
I love the rear folding seats, you can have a box if you need it but its not like driving a bus on the trail. Its really quiet. it is fast for a utility SXS. So far the shifting feels spot on. I really can't give a good review yet bcause of my limited time with it. I am trail clearing in Ministik tomorrow and hopefully will know more then.

So have you had enough time now to update us on what this mac hine is really like? I am hoping that it is good

motoman05

Reaction score
So have you had enough time now to update us on what this mac hine is really like? I am hoping that it is good
I have so far only gotten one decent ride in it, about 25 Kms. I definitely made the right choice buying it. its very fast for a sxs. I wouldn't drag race a rzr or maverick but its plenty fast for me and the family. steering is spot on. the machine feels very stable. The transmission shifts very smooth. Sport mode allows it to rev further and faster. My only complaint (if you can call it that) is a couple rattles from the doors and/or rear seats that I am sure will be fixed easily. this machine wont disappoint you, it's awesome!

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I have so far only gotten one decent ride in it, about 25 Kms. I definitely made the right choice buying it. its very fast for a sxs. I wouldn't drag race a rzr or maverick but its plenty fast for me and the family. steering is spot on. the machine feels very stable. The transmission shifts very smooth. Sport mode allows it to rev further and faster. My only complaint (if you can call it that) is a couple rattles from the doors and/or rear seats that I am sure will be fixed easily. this machine wont disappoint you, it's awesome!

Thanks a lot. Good to hear

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought one. So far so good. Had a chance to run it against my prowler 1000 before I sold it. It sparked it. My brother has a new teryx4 800. In a straight line drag, I jump him by about 3 lengths. Then he stays there until 80kmh. Where I pull away. Top speed is around 110km. Once you get used to the paddle shifters, you can run it really hard in the corners. You have the ability to drop a gear and punch it as you go into a corner and slide through the corner. Not to mention this is the only sxs you can get 3 kids and the wife into. Accessories are just starting to come available but pricey. Was happy to find the space under the driver seat big enough to put my full size battery as I run light bars. Overall very happy with it and have had a few buddies but one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow if it's even with a kawi 4 seater, that's very disappointing.... They are no speed demon. Hoped it was not typical Honda , power wise.....

Top Bottom