Anyone have a sled deck on a mega cab??

bruteforce650

Reaction score
Im looking for a sled deck to put on my mega cab, and was just wondering what kind of deck is the best, 7 foot or 8 foot?? Does anyone have one with the flip extension? Any help would be great, thanks!

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im looking for a sled deck to put on my mega cab, and was just wondering what kind of deck is the best, 7 foot or 8 foot?? Does anyone have one with the flip extension? Any help would be great, thanks!

Cross Trax makes a good solid deck. Mine was not perfect, but still the best choice for my needs. Wanted to buy once and never have to worry about welds breaking or structural problems.

I had a flip over extension for my Cross Trax deck, and traded it for a convention extension. The flip over is handy, but kills visibility out the back window + blocks off the fuel doors in my deck (unless Wes updated his design).

If you have a 6'6 box on your truck, I would NOT recommend a 8' deck unless you're never in town. The deck hanging over the back of the box by 18" is a pain when you're not using it. The Cross Trax standard extension works really well & I have no problem putting it in place or removing it by myself.

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a megacab with an 7' and flip down extension. Works great. Started with an 8' don't do it, always walking into it and had to be very carful pulling the sled trailer.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mines an x deck on a 08 MC. i really like it. the flip up extension is the cats meow for when you don't need it . I'm on my second season with it and it seems to be holding up fine.

in the pic it pivots right above the tail light up onto the deck and it stays on all the time.

sorry i don't know why that other pic is there but i can't get rid of it.

Attachments

• 88--.JPG
    88--.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 258
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 8' classic marathon deck on my 12' megacab. The overhang is something you get used to. The only downside is that I can't pull a v nose trailer. Next truck will be with an 8' box that's for sure.

aocbiz

Reaction score
I had a 2010 MC with a 7' Marathon deck it worked great, like someone said above I wouldn't go with the 8' unless you have a great dental pan......because you or your passengers will walk into it more than once guaranteed.

the deck its self has stood up well......5 years and it's still in good shape. The flip down would be nice to have just for extra support on the skid but hasn't been an issue for me yet.

good luck

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I have had a deck on my 06 since it was new.Use it year round.Quads in the summer,sleds in the winter.Had an STF first and now have a shorty Crosstrax and an extension for sleds.Love it.

Top Bottom