Anyone have a Denali sled deck??

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new sled deck and there is a gy selling these Denali decks for cheap down by Okotoks just wondering if anyone has any experience with these decks? I was also looking at the X Deck they are a little more but still a good price?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would u buy a dirt bike from honda or Canadian tire. Cheap Chinese junk with poor electrical and cracking aluminum. A 10 yr old marathon or Titan is a better deal than a new knock off chino version. We need to stop buying there junk. Bungee cords that don't stretch. Squeegees that don't clean windows. Kids toys that don't even work once. It goes on and on into the land fill. Lol. Imo. There's my rant. Buy local

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would u buy a dirt bike from honda or Canadian tire. Cheap Chinese junk with poor electrical and cracking aluminum. A 10 yr old marathon or Titan is a better deal than a new knock off chino version. We need to stop buying there junk. Bungee cords that don't stretch. Squeegees that don't clean windows. Kids toys that don't even work once. It goes on and on into the land fill. Lol. Imo. There's my rant. Buy local

True enough I normally do buy the best I can cause like you I hate **** that don't last but at the same time I dont see how a deck can be 5000$ or higher, seems a little crazy to me I would rather get a 2000$ deck and put the rest in to my sled. I have never seen a Denali deck so really I'm just looking for info. I'm a welder and I have worked on aluminum lots so I do understand poor material but I haven't been able to find specs on these decks, so once again does anyone have one and if so how do you like it?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
have you looked at the Crosstrax decks? they are VERY similar to the old Marathons and have a decent price point.

Currently I'm running an old fixed side Marathon Deck, but when I upgrade the truck & deck if I don't go flatdeck, I will look at a crosstrax.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True enough I normally do buy the best I can cause like you I hate **** that don't last but at the same time I dont see how a deck can be 5000$ or higher, seems a little crazy to me I would rather get a 2000$ deck and put the rest in to my sled. I have never seen a Denali deck so really I'm just looking for info. I'm a welder and I have worked on aluminum lots so I do understand poor material but I haven't been able to find specs on these decks, so once again does anyone have one and if so how do you like it?

try the search function on the site. There's a couple ppl that have them and no concerns yet. As a welder I am sure you could beef it up if there where things you didn't like.

All decks crack over time... We re-did one last year, the deck was separating from the frame.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had a Denali deck for three years now. I bought it used and have had no issues with the structure itself. The plywood is separating now and needs replaced and I had to redo the wiring but otherwise no complaints. My brother bought a new one two years ago and has no issues with it. For the price difference I can put new plywood on it half a dozen times.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the Xdeck is a pretty good unit. My buddy picked one up about two years ago from coopers in south Edmonton. $2700 otd

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watch for a Jet Craft deck used.$ 2 to $3000.00 with extendable sides.
They come up for sale around the Grande Prairie area more than others.
Never have to be welding and repairing them.
Very well made and build here in Alberta.
Don't ask for web site as a couple of old school guys build them . Lol
You can order a new one also but takes a while to get it.

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arlin, you need a nice flatdeck to go sledding instead of your work truck! I just happen to know a good one for you!

Ha ha ha your trucks still for sale, I'm guessing. I like your idea but I also need a truck box for the summer. Did you get your new truck all rigged up yet?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Ha ha ha your trucks still for sale, I'm guessing. I like your idea but I also need a truck box for the summer. Did you get your new truck all rigged up yet?

You know the sides fold up and they are 12" high and when I cut wood my rails are to the top of the cab. So the box is there..........

I don't go down to Idaho for the flatdeck until the end of August.

Let's get this back to the Denali sled decks...........

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im up at work right now but on my way home in two weeks im going to stop and look at the cross trax, Denali, and X decks Ill look them over and decide what to get, it's true you get more for your money but there is a spot in the middle of price and quality that best suits me, I just have to find it ill let you know how I make out

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a denali deck last year and used it all year and no problems besides the wiring but that was a easy fix!

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im up at work right now but on my way home in two weeks im going to stop and look at the cross trax, Denali, and X decks Ill look them over and decide what to get, it's true you get more for your money but there is a spot in the middle of price and quality that best suits me, I just have to find it ill let you know how I make out

Have a hard look at the cross trax while you're there. I have one in my truck and its a very tough deck. After a buddy seen what mine goes though he bought one himself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ACP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought mine used 3 years ago, I also like to buy local but what I got this for I couldn't say no. Changed the wiring right away as I added under deck led lighting that pulls out so you have lots of light to work on anything at night, Led side markers and super grips on the deck and ramp. Love the 11 ft ramp but not crazy about the two piece design. Into it for under 1400 bucks. good luck

Top Bottom