anyone had or have a 03 RX1

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
always liked the 4 stroke idea ,,have asthma and cant handle the 2 stroke stink anymore,,40 yrs of fixing sleds will do that I guess.
there is a few 03s out there for sale, I dont deep snow ride much anymore,trail rides, I know there heavy and hard to steer.but.,are they reliable.I have very nice 95 low mileage indy 600 now w reverse,but cant stand the stink..

knocksum

Reaction score
I still have my 03 rx1 mountain. Love them to death. Steering has never been an issue with me if you have your suspension setup properly. My wife loves having me come home without smelling like 2 stroke!

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just sold my 03 RX 1 it had 10000 km. Reliability is second to no one. Only ever replaced suspension bearings, a arm bushings and the jackshaft bearing behind your secondary clutch. Even my clutches were still in excellent shape just keep them clean and they live almost forever.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sure you know my thoughts on the Yamaha. Having said that I think they would be a great sled for an old man doing the golden triangle.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I don't know about it being only for old men on the trail, I know in the powder to ride it all day everyday you were in shape by about the second ride. And it could be rode in the powder every day I did it. Best riding sled you will probably tear up a trail with. If you have a chance at a warrior, or a short track it is better than the mountain for trail due to the wider ski stance. No other engine pulls quite like that 4 cylinder 4stroke. Have fun if you do get one.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saint,,,anyone told you to KMA lately,, :) seems to me your not to far behind me,I will save some apple sauce for you...

Hey Ron..remember when you had this brand new,,my son Corey and grandaughter ride it everywhere.warmer for her than his 800 Assault..

Attachments

• th_Corey-Ivyon1974ElanFeb7-10.jpg
    th_Corey-Ivyon1974ElanFeb7-10.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You likely wont get much from this crowd as they got a hate on for Yamaha!. You will find way better info on TY4stroke.com. I have a 03 TRX1, been a good sled to me. Likely anything, they have things that break, need some tlc. But you cant go too wrong with it.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my buddies sled/snowboard with a RX1. they go everywhere tandum. it got a stripped down in summer and they shed 70lb out of it! didnt touch the motor, no need. it hauls ass, has no clutch issues and never blew a belt. it did about 120 days last year with no hassles other than rock damage to A arms and bearing on secondary. 2 200lb dudes with snowboards and regularly get asked if its turboed coz nobody thinks it is capable of going where it does. It is the work horse and has towed many sleds back to trucks. Its basicly the same weight as my sled
yes there is a hate on here for yammys, but a turn key reliable sled for resonable money, the RX1 is hard to beat.

knocksum

Reaction score
I still have mine. Changed the skid for the arctic cat float suspension. Moved the steering post ahead 4.5 inches (Wildchild kit). Light weight a arms and skis. Moved the battery to the trunk. Titanium GSXR exhaust. Zero fixing. Just ride. Best engine and gas mileage. Handles very nice now.

I find it hard to move on from the reliability but we'll see. Not to mention you can pickup these sleds for an amazing price now.

Top Bottom