Anyone drag race?

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been building/tweaking a honda civic that i put a bigger engine and and built a turbo kit for. I have finally got most of the bugs out and am learning now to drive the damn thing. Its a complete beast!

Heres the dyno graph. I improved it from 279 WHP to 330 and the torque from 262 to 304 with some timing adjustments on the dyno and bit more boost.

Heres the car running its best time to date. 11.56@120.49 mph.

YouTube - Turbo Civic running mid 11's

Anyone else drag race?

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like you might need to work a little bit on your timing off the light!!

Went to the Rocky Mtn Nationals, and its amazing to see what some cars have for power under the hoods!

tekim:D

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like you might need to work a little bit on your timing off the light!!

Went to the Rocky Mtn Nationals, and its amazing to see what some cars have for power under the hoods!

tekim:D

haha ya i have been red lighting a bit lately. i havent been back since but i think that im anticipating the 3rd yellow instead of going when i see it. I can usually cut pro times (.012 is my best RT) but sometimes i go a bit too soon. During street legals im usually focused on trying to get my best time, since im trying to stay high on the alberta top 10 sport compact list.

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha ya i have been red lighting a bit lately. i havent been back since but i think that im anticipating the 3rd yellow instead of going when i see it. I can usually cut pro times (.012 is my best RT) but sometimes i go a bit too soon. During street legals im usually focused on trying to get my best time, since im trying to stay high on the alberta top 10 sport compact list.

Wouldn't mind trying to get into it with my diesel, but I would need another $10,000 in upgrades (tranny + others) before that happens.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I race my truck. 12.52@109 is my best to date. should be in the 11's by the end of sept. truck weighs 7850 lbs.

cuzican

Reaction score
I have never been to the track myself because we live far enough away from the nearest drag strip that I don't really care to. But my Malibu ran low 10's in the 1/4 before I bought it without an engine/tranny. It was a father son project car starting when I got my first job at age 14. It has a pretty healthy 454, doug nash 5 speed and a dana 60 rearend. The guy we bought it from said it ran way harder with the 454 that we put in it than with the engine/tranny combo he was running. That thing was finished probably 12 years ago, then driven hard by a dumbass kid with a leadfoot(me).
It now sits in the field behind my mom's house with a burnt valve waiting for me to drag it home for a complete rebuild one of these days.
Here is a pic. I know the hood scoop is dorky but it was on the car when I bought it and being a kid on a budget I spent all my money on going fast not caring what it looked like. We did however make use of the scoop by using a wiend tunnel-ram and two 4-barrels. The fella that built it hacked up the rear quarter panels pretty bad with some home-made fender flaring. They are falling apart now but I have replacement panels sitting in my garage waiting for a home.

croppedchevelle1.jpg

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I have never been to the track myself because we live far enough away from the nearest drag strip that I don't really care to. But my Malibu ran low 10's in the 1/4 before I bought it without an engine/tranny. It was a father son project car starting when I got my first job at age 14. It has a pretty healthy 454, doug nash 5 speed and a dana 60 rearend. The guy we bought it from said it ran way harder with the 454 that we put in it than with the engine/tranny combo he was running. That thing was finished probably 12 years ago, then driven hard by a dumbass kid with a leadfoot(me).
It now sits in the field behind my mom's house with a burnt valve waiting for me to drag it home for a complete rebuild one of these days.
Here is a pic. I know the hood scoop is dorky but it was on the car when I bought it and being a kid on a budget I spent all my money on going fast not caring what it looked like. We did however make use of the scoop by using a wiend tunnel-ram and two 4-barrels. The fella that built it hacked up the rear quarter panels pretty bad with some home-made fender flaring. They are falling apart now but I have replacement panels sitting in my garage waiting for a home.

croppedchevelle1.jpg

THE OLD GIRL LOOKS LIKE IT HAS POTENTIAL... DON'T LET IT GO TOO LONG, AND ROTS AWAY...GOOD LUCK ON THE PROJECT AND TAKE MORE PICS ON THE PROGRESS AND POST THEM.... WAY COOL:specool:

Top Bottom