Anybody have anything to add, change oil in nytro?

John Cambell

Reaction score
Hi there. Gonna change the oil in my 2010 Nytro. Can't find a service manual, and stuff online.... a little help.... I see 2 drain plug bolts, one at the oil reservoir, the other when I take off the skid plate. and the filter (counter clock wise to loosen?).............. if that's all good, I just put the 2 plugs back, new filter, put the oil down the hole where the oil dipstick is.....pull the red stop switch, turn the key.... the low oil should come up... then fire it up....and the low oil should shut off within 5 seconds.............. does everything seem correct? any other tips or advice?

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All good. My oil change ritual is as follows. Take a minute to check your clutch rollers they should roll freely and not be loose.Have a look at the black slider buttons in your secondary. Change your chaincase oil at the same time and adjust the chain. Loosen locknut on adjuster bolt and roll secondary forward by hand(Counterclockwise) then finger tighten only the adjuster bolt and tighten the locknut.I always take a little silicone spray and spray your tie rod sperical rod ends to keep from squeaking. At the spindles and also at the bottom of the steering column. Cant remember what the stock ball joints look like as mine are aftermarket but if they are spherical rod ends like the tie rod ends spray a little silicone spray on them too.Make sure all wheels on rear suspension spin freely and grease the rear skid,Check your skag rails on skis. I usually check over my sled after every weekend but It is ridden hard and turboed so things are a little more stressed.

Top Bottom