Anybody had issues with the new boss seat

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup. Two seats, first trip two zipper handles broke. And on second trip the other seat had two zipper handles broke as well as the area around the zipper of the top pocket is fraying like mad.
Gonna send a note to Boss before I slam them here though

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup. Two seats, first trip two zipper handles broke. And on second trip the other seat had two zipper handles broke as well as the area around the zipper of the top pocket is fraying like mad.
Gonna send a note to Boss and see what they say

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all good so far, other than I would like to see the type of water bottle that is suppossed to fit in their new H2O pocket ?? UGH:confused:

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all good so far, other than I would like to see the type of water bottle that is suppossed to fit in their new H2O pocket ?? UGH:confused:

The ones from costco fit, but normally it is minute maid canberry, 450ml. I dont have any issues.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the zippers get pretty froze up after riding and ya gotta pull pretty hard on them. Mine hasn't broke yet but I could see it happening.Still I love the seat and wouldn't use anything else.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seat is great, just wondering if it was just me, out of the 3 zippers that broke the only one that was used was the main pouch.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Broke a zipper this weekend and it wasn't from use, must of kicked it while swinging foot over to the other running board, has anyone used the useless "turbo" tow strap yet? If it works I'll keep it, if not its getting turfed for more room in the center pocket.

vpfuelman

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
just talked to Boss and they will take care of any issuse that you have with the seats .....You just have to call them @1-801-785-3413

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used the "Turbo Tow Strap" to tow my RT down 3 miles of the Quartz trail when the motor seized and it start to pull the Velcro off. Off the threading was pulling off.

Then we hooked it to my brothers RT to pull it out of a hole and it broke.

I have since bought a good two point tow strap from GSR when I returned the rental.

I wouldnt want to be stuck in the back country and depending on one of those tow straps.

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a zipper break on me this past weekend on my Boss seat. I emailed Boss the other night and got a very quick response back from them.

The ask me to send them my contact info and what seat I bought and then told me what they well do to fix it.

For 2011 they well have all YKK waterproof zippers. I can send the seat back to them and they can either fix it like is is now or upgrade the cover and the zippers to YKK for $50. They also mentioned that they well toss in gift certiticate toward a another seat and a Nitours system that can be used anytime.

I give Boss a big thumbs ups :thumbsup2: for dealing with issues on the seats.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i know this would be an odd thing to carry but if you use thend of a bic pen to pushing the zipper open. works great on any type of frozen zipper

wide_open

Reaction score
I broke a zipper on my first ride, and another 2 after that. Good to hear they are standing up for their product. I'll be calling them today.

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Broke a zipper this weekend and it wasn't from use, must of kicked it while swinging foot over to the other running board, has anyone used the useless "turbo" tow strap yet? If it works I'll keep it, if not its getting turfed for more room in the center pocket.

Don't rely on the "Turbo Tow Strap"!! :nono: Although it did last waaaay longer than any of us thought that it would! It started fraying right away but we figured we'd leave it on and see just how far it would make it. Much to all of our surprise it made it over 20km!! :Happy6:

scrapmaster

Reaction score
broke the zipper on the main mouch first day out handle pulled off had 2more come off since then, glad to hear theyre standin behind it tho come summer il send it back for fixin

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep - broke my main storage pocket zipper on the first trip out.
That area has started to fray aswell. (and the sled hasn't had much use)
I've emailed Boss as well - 50 bucks (shipping I assume) and they will fix it up. (come spring time)

The tail section of my seat didn't fit down snug onto the tunnel - but with the right amount of beer it sets down far enuff that the velcro keeps it on.

I didn't care for the velcro attachment system - w/ 2 snaps to keep the seat on - but so far it's stayed on.

I really like how light the seat is. I thought the box it came in might have been empty when I picked it up. lol Way lighter than stock. Lots of storage - maybe too many pockets though.

I paid $418 to the door from Sled-X.com.

Good luck.

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've emailed Boss as well - 50 bucks (shipping I assume) and they will fix it up. (come spring time)[/COLOR]

My understanding of the $50 is going to as a deductible for a new cover and the YKK zipper.

Top Bottom