Any thoughts on m7?

Polaris2012

Reaction score
Looking to get back into the sport. Live in central montana. looking at an m7, or an 2003 skidoo 800. havent been able to find much in the way of reviews for the m7 have noticed that arctic cat only made this sled a couple years. was there something wrong?

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to get back into the sport. Live in central montana. looking at an m7, or an 2003 skidoo 800. havent been able to find much in the way of reviews for the m7 have noticed that arctic cat only made this sled a couple years. was there something wrong?

there was nothing wrong with the M7 except that cat discontinued it. If your looking to getting back into the sport, why not opt for something more current. The new M8's are quite popular

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

I have a buddy with one of those puppies! Tough as nails, still running strong and he sure doesn't baby it.....just saying

So if it has low mileage maybe jump at it, otherwise pipes is a pretty wise man even tho' he favors the AC's

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have 2 M7's. one's a 2005 and the other a 2006. Both are bullet proof. Easy to ride, dependable and lots of power. Fun in the deep stuff. The 700 is a good motor. You wont be disappointed with the M7 if you buy it. :D

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I second Mare's opinion. I had one too, and it was pretty well bullet proof. Never let me down once. Plus, if you pick the cat over the 03 ski-doo, its a different ride set up, and the cat has EFI.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Given the two choices laid out, the M7 is the best option. Those motors were bulletproof. Friend of mine put 8000Km on his without loosening a nut, and it still ran great when he let it go.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The M7 is the best sled AC ever made IMO, and the best I've ever owned.....still do, my daughter rides it now. I love the power of both my M1000 and boosted Nytro, but the M7 is the easiest to ride, most reliable, most fun sled I've ever ridden. You can't go wrong with one.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M7s are awesome. When we take them in on trade, they don't last long before they are snapped up. Great all round mountain sled for sure.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the only reason why cat got rid of the M7 is cause it didn't meet emissions. I think I read that before some where? But they are a good sled! I got one for my girlfriend and she loves it. And I find myself stealing it when we are out riding. It's like a tractor just doesn't stop going!

Top Bottom