Any ideas on what might be wrong with my 2008 M1000

m1000db

Reaction score
I Have a 2008 m1000, recently added a SLP pipe and power commander v. Went out for a ride yesterday it ran good till 1/2 way through the trip then acted like it was flooding when ever i would pour the throttle to it and would start running on 1 Thought it might be plugs so I changed all of them. This did not fix the problems. got a code ECU 17 so bought a new egaust temp probe. Still did not help. Before changing the temp probe also noticed a ec 1 code. After changing the probe there are no longer codes flashing up.. but still running poorly. It seems like if I let it sit for a minute i get about 30 sec of the sled runnning like it is supposed to, but quickly revets back to the over fueling situation. Have checked the plugs and always see that the mag side plugs are wet. Have tried unplugging the power commander but still no change. there is a spot at about 4500 RMP where it runs good if i ease my way to that RPM and dont open the throttle open. Any ideas please share them.
thanks

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Have a 2008 m1000, recently added a SLP pipe and power commander v. Went out for a ride yesterday it ran good till 1/2 way through the trip then acted like it was flooding when ever i would pour the throttle to it and would start running on 1 Thought it might be plugs so I changed all of them. This did not fix the problems. got a code ECU 17 so bought a new egaust temp probe. Still did not help. Before changing the temp probe also noticed a ec 1 code. After changing the probe there are no longer codes flashing up.. but still running poorly. It seems like if I let it sit for a minute i get about 30 sec of the sled runnning like it is supposed to, but quickly revets back to the over fueling situation. Have checked the plugs and always see that the mag side plugs are wet. Have tried unplugging the power commander but still no change. there is a spot at about 4500 RMP where it runs good if i ease my way to that RPM and dont open the throttle open. Any ideas please share them.
thanks

I see that u have a power commander if it's like a boon docker fuel box u might have to much fuel in your map can u play around with your map to controlle the amount of fuel that goes in that rpm setting....sounds like u are getting to much fuel at wide open....or even half throttle up to wot...if i am not right sum one on here well help u out for sure.....

m1000db

Reaction score
i did try unplugging the box and ran the same. Also it did run good for a while so i am thinking the SLP map is good.

m1000db

Reaction score
Also noticed that the plugs on the PTO side look like thery are running on the lean side.

cat pride 2009

Reaction score
thanks

Hey Bud i have been getting the same problems with my M1000... I run a pure logic box i was told it will run very rich until over 4000ft. I was in the mountains last weekend and it ran like crap and as soon as my altimeter said i was over 4500 ft it ran great. For the real low alltitude i would turn my control box all the way down.. Still seems to run like crap at low alltitude but amazing up top.

m1000db

Reaction score
its a gamble, 7 hrs away to get that high and if it runs like this i dont know i could climb to 4500ft LOL. I am going to put all my stock stuff back on for now and see if will run.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a gamble, 7 hrs away to get that high and if it runs like this i dont know i could climb to 4500ft LOL. I am going to put all my stock stuff back on for now and see if will run.

hey, a few of us from Bonnyville coming up your way today.

m1000db

Reaction score
leave some snow for me, where are you riding? there are some amazing feilds out here

cat pride 2009

Reaction score

i was thinking about doing the exact same thing i run a full speed werx pipe set up...

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my m8 (also have slp y pipe and pipe)does the same thing with burning out the exhaust temp sensors around here.I'v just been running it with the code flashing but i am also getting the code 1 which no one seems to know what it is.My sled does run super hot around here as compared to up in the mountains for some reason. I have my clutch weights in so I am not over reving. Sometimes I think that the slp setup is causing this.

M1K

Reaction score
my m8 (also have slp y pipe and pipe)does the same thing with burning out the exhaust temp sensors around here.I'v just been running it with the code flashing but i am also getting the code 1 which no one seems to know what it is.My sled does run super hot around here as compared to up in the mountains for some reason. I have my clutch weights in so I am not over reving. Sometimes I think that the slp setup is causing this.

I have a exhaust temp probe (part # 0630-229) that has about 80 miles on it. Pm me if interested.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to cat there is no code 1 for m-series but i've seen it flas on sleds at my shop. Also check to see where the hose from the ecu is routed, lots of them go into the bulkhead by the throttle bodies and they can get alot of heat there. So i always tuck them under the airbox this way they dont get snow or anything in them and it gets a true reading.

m1000db

Reaction score
i think I found the problems, have a broken cable that controls the pv on the mag side. thanks for the suggestions everyone. Also installed a new etg.

dangerm1000

Reaction score
mine runs good at first but really floods out at low rpm then if you open it up it goes fine but back off the throttle and it burps and farts and the mag side cylinder runs cooler and fouls

Top Bottom