Any Heavy Equipment Operators Here?

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy once, dont try to cheap out, Its a pita to fill up every day. At the end of the day I like to go home, the faster it fills the better. big hose and nozzle as well.
What do you do now, I think pipeline is where its at as far as $$$$ goes.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy once, dont try to cheap out, Its a pita to fill up every day. At the end of the day I like to go home, the faster it fills the better. big hose and nozzle as well.
What do you do now, I think pipeline is where its at as far as $$$$ goes.

Work in the family feedlot. Only reason I'm going pipelining is to make enough money to buy my own quarter and a house.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check with the contractor on what they require. Most that are paying for a service truck require 400 L minimum as well as fire extinguisher ,first aid kit, spill kit and two way radio and possibly grease gun and so on.
Some may even ask for required insurance to work through them.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for being off topic, but as per someones earlier comments about clear fuel.
What company wouldn't run dyed fuel in off road machines?
That makes no sense

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after 90 gallons dont you have to run placards on all sides legally? get a 15-20 gpm pump and get a 16-20 foot hose, then you dont have to be six inches away from the machine to fuel. also mount your pump on drivers side then when you look out the back window your not looking at it, you dont shoulder check or back up looking over your left shoulder! i have a 15 but faster is always better! hope that helps out! also get arctic grade hose otherwise it will be like a 2x4

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for being off topic, but as per someones earlier comments about clear fuel.
That makes no sense

i think in saskabush they dont run dyed fuel? not 100% on that....

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a regular rectangular 110 gallon tank with 15 GPM arctic GPI pump, whole tank armour guarded, mounted and wired to a toggle switch in the cab I'm looking at $1,500 seems reasonable doesn't it?

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after 90 gallons dont you have to run placards on all sides legally? get a 15-20 gpm pump and get a 16-20 foot hose, then you dont have to be six inches away from the machine to fuel. also mount your pump on drivers side then when you look out the back window your not looking at it, you dont shoulder check or back up looking over your left shoulder! i have a 15 but faster is always better! hope that helps out! also get arctic grade hose otherwise it will be like a 2x4

Interesting and true point but i like pump on passenger side so when its time to fill slip tank, u pull up and truck spout and tank spout r on same side at the cardlock or wherever. Also if u gotta back in close to hoe to fill up (wit shorter hose), u arent stuck tryn to open drivers door against hoe. 6 of one, half dozen of another

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That makes no sense

i know most bush and pipeline sites dont use brand new equipment but some do. All the 2013 model komatsu's REQUIRE at least clear diesel and manufacter wants ultra low sulfar to run at its best. if you run a new komatsu hoe/loader/dozer/rock truck with dyed fuel they throw all kinds of service lights / codes. If you run them long enough on dyed they will go into limp mode and wont go higher then a sertant rpm level

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting and true point but i like pump on passenger side so when its time to fill slip tank, u pull up and truck spout and tank spout r on same side at the cardlock or wherever. Also if u gotta back in close to hoe to fill up (wit shorter hose), u arent stuck tryn to open drivers door against hoe. 6 of one, half dozen of another

Copy that

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its the same diesel fuel, it just has dye in it. Unless the dye makes codes??? Dunno

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Yep,I like pump on swamper's side.Also use electric pump for fueling pickup while slip tank is filling.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
i know most bush and pipeline sites dont use brand new equipment but some do. All the 2013 model komatsu's REQUIRE at least clear diesel and manufacter wants ultra low sulfar to run at its best. if you run a new komatsu hoe/loader/dozer/rock truck with dyed fuel they throw all kinds of service lights / codes. If you run them long enough on dyed they will go into limp mode and wont go higher then a sertant rpm level

Its the same diesel fuel, it just has dye in it. Unless the dye makes codes??? Dunno
Ya exact same fuel with some food coloring in it.

Syclone74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just left a pipeline company that runs a full Komatsu fleet. 20 brand new hoes bought this year and a couple dozers. We ran nothing but dyed in them with no issues. Just can't let them idle for to long then they go into limp mode.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It's the same fuel... a couple liters of dye per truck load is the only difference. All fuel is ULS now.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
News to me about the equipment shutting down over dyed fuel...2 2014 cat 535s 2 2013 2154 and a cat 324 fm all running on dyed with no problems here.
about the tank go big, never know when you will be adding fuel into two hoes or filling a double shift. Also ask if you need to have a double wall tank?
As mentioned it gets cold so a fast pump is the answer. In Alberta you can't be afraid to spend $$$ they pay you well for that so don't be the operator that can hold up his end of the bargin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom