any good places to ride near Red Water?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wife and I just bought a side x side. picking it up Friday.

are there any trails or riding areas near the Gibbons / Red Water area?

Hoping to put a few miles on it Saturday.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I doing some poking around through older posts, one was for area's near Westlock. Some one posted a map off a lot of staging areas. We just may go check one of them out.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Redwater Natural area, Brudalheim, Vega, those are fairly close to you just Google those areas and it will give you the staging areas and how to get there.

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Redwater is great but gets old fast. Bruderheim is also very close to you and has much more variety in terrain, but it is somewhat of a zoo over there most of the time. There's also the Iron Horse Trail which runs from Weskateneu to Cold Lake - start at Smokey Lake and head East for some nice scenery and a small trail system near Bellis.

The Cougar Patch out by Two Hills is a nice spot to go for a day. It's not a very big trail system but is nice for a change of scenery once in a while.

There's a mix of just about everything North of Westlock at Long Island Lake. Most of the skeg will probably be passable this year, so you might be able to put on a pile of miles there.

Vega is a fairly large OHV rec area. I definitely recommend it.

There's a multi-use / snobobile trail system at Stanger Hills. You can put in a good, enjoyable day there. Lac Ste Anne ATV Club - Trail and Riding Info

There's a pile of riding in and around the Brazeau Dam. Theft is an issue there, so be careful what/where you leave your shhtuff.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN
Top Bottom