Any Good News for Economy ??

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, im sick of the bad news I wanna hear some good news. So any prospects on when things will pick up again for us ?? I heard this summer is supose to be busy. But who knows. :confused::confused:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Any Good New for Economy ??

Well, im sick of the bad news I wanna hear some good news. So any prospects on when things will pick up again for us ?? I heard this summer is supose to be busy. But who knows. :confused::confused:

Good news??? Lots of cheap toys this summer when people have to start selling......

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca

I hate all the doom and gloom chit too but unfortunately there is NO good news coming anyone at the moment. I heard Husky was trying to recover some of the people they had to lay off as they may be firing back up but after talking to some Husky employee's I know there is not much truth to the rumor....HOLD ON she's going to be a rough one folks.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score

As stated above,the only good news right now is cheap toys cars and prettymuch good deals to be had on evertything.The constuction industry is not looking good,may get back to somewhat normal by next summer but the overload of product killed the housing market and its not looking good this summer.I hope Im wrong I but if you got a job,best to hold on to it.The days of the employee telling the boss what to do are over!
catmando!

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score

I have decided to boycott this recession and quit listening to the negative crap on the news, it makes me wonder why we shouldnt just blow our heads off and get it over and done with!! The news has everyone freaked out but people are getting tired of it, you can only cry wolf for so long. There are so many people that are still doing well and are working balls to the walls and companies that have a ton of work lined up in the spring that are talking about hiring so that they have a chance to keep up,but you will never hear that from a news channel, it is too positive. I dont mean to rant but I think we still have it pretty good in Alberta and I predict an upswing by the fall of 2009, hows that for some positive thinking?

Altapeet

Reaction score

[QUOTE I think we still have it pretty good in Alberta and I predict an upswing by the fall of 2009, hows that for some positive thinking?[/QUOTE]

sounds good to me I will second that motion:)

twinpeaks3

Reaction score

Well I ve been saving up just in case this happens. Thats why I've been busy emptying all those beer cans listening to all the doom and gloom and stashing them in the garage. Think I got it covered:) Yup to much doom and gloom in the news making the mood worse then it has to be. Yup were in for a change but not like its been played up to be. Just hang in there folks its guna be a bumpy ride but its going to work out in the end. It always has and it always will .

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yes it is going to be a bump road. i work for a drilling contactor and we hear a lot of diffrent stories. its not as bad as everyone is makeing it out to be. we will be fairly busy, not wide open like it has been but will keep our head above water. so hang in there and it will only get better. it gives us more time for all the good quad rallys comeing up:d:d:beer::beer:

mudhunter

Reaction score

Really, do we have to be the gold rush of 200* (pick a year).... Oils going to double in the next few months with summer rolling in. I dont want to sound callous, but if every Albertan has a job for the next 20 years I don't think its a bad thing... TFWs probably got a raw deal, but whod expect less? Some company trying to fill a job they dont want to pay for in the times they expect people to live in..... (Everything couldn't just keep going up, up up.)
(just my thoughts)

Mudhunter

Last edited:

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

well thats good new cheap fule. I hope things pick up some for me I have not got many hours of work scince december. Findin a new job is a little more of a challenge then I thought it was going to be, but at least im gettin E.I now and workin a few hours so it aint too bad.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

well thats good new cheap fule. I hope things pick up some for me I have not got many hours of work scince december. Findin a new job is a little more of a challenge then I thought it was going to be, but at least im gettin E.I now and workin a few hours so it aint too bad.

how can I get both too?:eek:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Oil broke the $50 mark this morning....$51.40 currently, soon as it hits $60 many of the companies who put upgrader projects on hold will start to re-think that.....If I was a big oil CEO I woulda kept full steam ahead....that way as the price increases (inevitable) and labour/material prices decrease you are closer to production and can recoup costs quicker....but what do I know, they are not CEO's because they are stupid....hehehe

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
The DJI is up over 10% since last monday but more importantly the TSX is up over 17% in the last 9 days....There is a good chance that we have seen bottom...does this mean we can expect double digit increases week over week...no, but maybe this is the beginning of a slow upward trend instilling a little consumer/investor confidence. If oil keeps going it should lead the way which for us here in alberta is key. As stock prices in the the oil sector increase the companies overall value increases allowing them better access to the credit required to continue with upgrader/exploration/drilling projects.

I think Canada will ride this ressession much better than our freinds down south.

Bogger:beer:

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sadly i think we still have this one thing to contend with before things go up..

and its called spring breakup and its here.

after that i suspect things will head upwards hopefully.

it doesn't really effect me as i'm a Tech but i'm sure it will eventually people will stop getting pc's ect. fixed if they cant afford it ect.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

how can I get both too?:eek:

kinda a pain in the ass really, you cant really get both at the same time so if Say I work like 20 hrs and made over 400 in a week I belive it is then you do not qualify for EI ....... I dont know exacly how it works i just report th few hours i work and go from there.....

:beer::beer: at least i got lots of time to drink beer and be on snow and mud

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya it will start to come around soon , unions giong to reach contracts , projects will start , fuel prices will start to go up , and on the road to recovery from there

Top Bottom