Any Gearing changes needed?

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if the new XM 163 requires a gearing change to increase performance? looking for opinions.

Thanks

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Been reading up on the gearing/clutching and have concluded that the xm gearing is pretty spot on, and that the clutching is pretty close as well.......... They rock as is.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well all I hear is you can go up in top gear to 20/21 and some clutching and be a different animal, and please don't hunt me down. HMMMMMMMMMMM

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe a guy that does straight up climbs all day might be able to find some extra track speed in there somewhere but for technical riding there are no changes required.

So now everyone is a technical tree rider???? Last i checked there is much more to mountain riding than dodging trees all day. Your just scared to do more than 20 miles an hour around those tree's.:rolleyes:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
So now everyone is a technical tree rider???? Last i checked there is much more to mountain riding than dodging trees all day. Your just scared to do more than 20 miles an hour around those tree's.:rolleyes:

Doing more than 20 mph around most of those trees is beyond my talent level but I am still trying to learn a trick or two here and there..:hmm:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What Deano said. From what i have seen they are not that great. Maybe okay on belt and hold RPM but sure are not putting the power to the track. No track speed and looks to me that they are geared to low for the clutch set up they have.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely lol, room for improvement. The low gearing puts a bandaid on the secondary clutch setup. Secondary has a poor backshift.
BUT it's the best factory setup thus far, some like it, some want to personalize it to their liking.
I think gearing up and only gear up will aggravate the poor backshift in the mtns, and the reason why I've never tried it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom