Any fish cops or conservation officer's here

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lets no go there. too late. In my opinion we should all be equal. You want to catch fish catch fish by the law. You want to hunt hunt buy the law. You work you pay taxes by the law. I believe that putting out indigenous people on reserves was a mistake. Culling out the young and forcing them into the Catholic school system was not right. Yes we whitees won the battle of the cowboys and injuns but we did not need to rub in in their faces by placing them on reserves. Our indigenous people did quite well before us whitees showed up and took over their land. The right thing would have been to sign a truce and let bygones be bygones and let the indigenous people have the same opportunities as the the immigrants that came in took over the land and made the country what it is today.

That may sound a little redneck, But it's coming from a redneck, so what else would you expect.

feel free to pull this post. but if you do, you have violated my freedom of speech. ( we still have that in this country, don't we?)

Freedom of speech does not apply to a private forum.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Well just talked to the CO'S about the fishin thing, CO sez im good, no license needed. and i can exercise my full treaty rights. But of course in moderation. just enuff to feed the fam.

But hunting is another story, if i went huntin and bagged a moose, my white buddy CAN NOT assist, drive, help, or anything while im exercising my rights. Now get this, if caughtmy white buddy or anyone helpin a First Nations hunter, U, the white fellow gets charged and lose ur huntin license. how fuct up is that.

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even if you just happen to be in the same location as he and your just helping out another hunter?

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My question' are:

Since i am First nations, and get full treaty rights( no license or limit) Can i fish with my white buddy w/o the license, or do i have to buy a fishing license, to fish w him in his ice shack?

Am i limited to the limit posted on the fishin license or can i keep hammering and landing wally's till the tote is full?(got a big family to feed and they all love pickeral)

If i do have to get a license, what happens if i get caught without a license, fishin w my white buddy?

Thanx in advance :beer::beer::d:beer::beer:

you don,t have to worrie at all,i grew up with alot of treaty card indians and they have no limmit and they or you can use nets lights what ever it takes..not sure what restrictions you have in diffrent parks though.i wish i had a statas card...wood be sweeeeeeet

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well just talked to the CO'S about the fishin thing, CO sez im good, no license needed. and i can exercise my full treaty rights. But of course in moderation. just enuff to feed the fam.

But hunting is another story, if i went huntin and bagged a moose, my white buddy CAN NOT assist, drive, help, or anything while im exercising my rights. Now get this, if caughtmy white buddy or anyone helpin a First Nations hunter, U, the white fellow gets charged and lose ur huntin license. how fuct up is that.

i wonder if its okay for you to come with me to safeway while i get some ribs and steak and chicken and salmon....:d way too many rules:rant:

Top Bottom