Any drilling rigs lookin for help

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I was just woundering if there wear any drilling companys out there staying busy ??? Im really starting to consider going to go work on the rigs, I got four years oil field matnince experiance .... Iv sent a resume to ensign, so far but any help would be awsome i would prefer to work in camps, see if i can go make some real money.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
allright thanks ill check them out if anyone knows anyone else thats lookin let me know

mrsnowman

Reaction score
stoneham,pantera, trinidad are all hiring now. check out the web sites they have online applications. worked for pantera for a few years good company but with everyone its going to be hard to stay steady

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well thanks for the replys ... hope i hear some thing soon i'm getting tired of this oilfield matnice thing. Hope some thing changes soon with the oil patch seems like lots of the work has dryed up that was planned for us this winter.

W

woodies

slow down here in sask to lots of companies dropping rigs and chopping budgets.hope the price of oil goes into the fifties and stabilizes!!!!

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
slow down here in sask to lots of companies dropping rigs and chopping budgets.hope the price of oil goes into the fifties and stabilizes!!!!

maybe for you its slow. We got a total of 200 new wells and well over 150 recompletes for this year. Look into services also. Sometimes you might not make as much, but there always seems to be more work doing other things than driling. Not saying there is anything wrong with drilling, but my buddy works for stoneham and he said he didnt work a hole lot last year. I worked 240 days last year in the field and i had some time off too.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Did ya check out Beaver.... Lots peeps that get in with Beaver never want to leave ! :p:):beer:....Worked 4 Me ! :)

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah i checked with beaver drilling have not heard anything back yet, i just want a job wear i can make good money untill this fall cause im going to school for production field operator training and just wanna make sure i got enuff money to pay for my truck and rent .... who do you work for catzuki ??? sounds like you stay pretty busy.

W

woodies

maybe for you its slow. We got a total of 200 new wells and well over 150 recompletes for this year. Look into services also. Sometimes you might not make as much, but there always seems to be more work doing other things than driling. Not saying there is anything wrong with drilling, but my buddy works for stoneham and he said he didnt work a hole lot last year. I worked 240 days last year in the field and i had some time off too.
haha i work for packers plus got off the rigs last year but it's a trickle down effect they don't drill i don't work.you need to watch the big picture to see the small effects!service rigs will catch up and then bammmmm we are all slow!:mad:don't start with the always service BS either because i've been in the patch for 25 years and it is all related like a family!sure the wells need service but not at 30 buck oil they let them sit!:beer:

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha i work for packers plus got off the rigs last year but it's a trickle down effect they don't drill i don't work.you need to watch the big picture to see the small effects!service rigs will catch up and then bammmmm we are all slow!:mad:don't start with the always service BS either because i've been in the patch for 25 years and it is all related like a family!sure the wells need service but not at 30 buck oil they let them sit!:beer:

Im just sayin man. There always seems to be service work wheather it be maintenance or what need be. And i know that everything goes hand in hand. But we were told we have work for 200+ wells this year EVEN AT $30 oil. And on another not, its still hoverin at $40+ mark since opec cut the 2.5 million bbl's from foreign markets. But like i was sayin, there always seems to be something going on. And sont get me wrong, If drilling is slow ya everything else is slow. Im not sayin there is always service work but for the last 6 years i have been fairly busy every year and worked at least 6+ months a year. And i know packers plus is slow, I had a chat with a guy yesterday that works for them. But dont get me wrong we have 3 units workin here and 10 in alberta workin steady. I dont know about you, but we seem to stay busy year round. :beer:

And BTW im not trying to start a war here, im just saying i have been in the service work for quite a while and we have been busy or a least steady even when compeditors are slow. May not be as much money in some services, but its good money in my books. Cant make that kind of money workin around home thats for sure. :beer:

Top Bottom