Any couples who sled out there?

pkeller

Reaction score
Joined snow and mud last year - first post though. My husband and I have been riding in the mountains, since 1995. We live in central Alberta and ride 800 Summits. kids are grown now with families of their own and many of our friends are giving up riding. So sad.
We are looking for more couples to ride with. If anyone is interested or knows other couples who ride we would love to hook up. We like to ride the Sicamous and Hunter's Range areas as even when light conditions suck we can find places to ride in the trees. That said we have ridden Valemount, McBride, Fernie, Golden and Revy. Always open to new areas as well, especially if we have the opportunity to go with someone who knows the area. We live in central Alberta and ride 800 Summits. Thanks

Last edited:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to snow and mud, 2016 :)

Check out the rest of the site and in the area's that you ride. There are quite a few couples that do ride

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
under the okanogan.....https://www.snowandmud.com/forum6/

me and the wife are almost in the same boat, kids are still at home and do ride....but not for long....at home that is:d. used to live down se of camrose and rode crowsnest lots, now mainly ride mcbrie/vale/blue will try to keep you guys in mind if we are planning a trip

Thanks. Still trying to figure out how to find the Sicamous area on the site.

Last edited:

Lisa1970

Reaction score
Hello everyone ! Myself and my husband both ride as well. Have been to the mountains as few times but we like to stay to more easier rides and the people we have gone with like to do harder rides. We live just north of Edmonton and are always looking for people to go with. We both have newer sleds, I have a 800 Assault and my husband has a 800 Summit.

pkeller

Reaction score
We rode Valemount a lot when the kids were home but found that we didn't meet many women riders there. We have met more at Sicamous - just because there is a lot of variety of hills there. We would definitely be up for riding Vale/McBride/Blue. We have a trip planned to Sicamous now last weekend in January. :)) Please keep us posted as to when you go again and hopefully we can hook up.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering if your the couple we met at sundog bed and breakfast in sicamous 5 or so years ago we are also from the camrose area

pkeller

Reaction score
It is possible. We stay at the Sundog most of the time when we are in Sicamous. Maybe we can find out sometime. We are planning a trip the end of January. Looks like drive out Wednesday Jan 27 and ride T,F and S. Home Sunday right now. If you are interested let us know.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
It is possible. We stay at the Sundog most of the time when we are in Sicamous. Maybe we can find out sometime. We are planning a trip the end of January. Looks like drive out Wednesday Jan 27 and ride T,F and S. Home Sunday right now. If you are interested let us know.
Snowandmud is holding an event in Golden next weekend. It's a great opportunity to meet fellow sledders and sled couples. We ride with other couples all the time and I know of lots of couples coming to the event. If you can swing it, its a great time, great meal, and great prizes.

Kwuz

Reaction score
Hey! How is it going? We are from the Leduc area. My other half
has been sledding for quite a few years. I stared last year with him. We love to head out to the mountains, in fact looking forward to heading out Wednesday night!!! We would
love to meet more couples that sled as well. When is your next yrip
planned?

Kwuz

Reaction score
I think we might stop in to this event. Hope there are lots of people
there!

Kwuz

Reaction score
Hey! How is it going? We are from the Leduc area. My other half
has been sledding for quite a few years. I stared last year with him. We love to head out to the mountains, in fact looking forward to heading out Wednesday night!!! We would
love to meet more couples that sled as well. When is your next yrip
planned?

pkeller

Reaction score
Hi We have a trip planned to Sicamous Jan 27 to 31. Sounds like you will have great snow this week. Enjoy and we will keep in touch. Not sure yet when our next trip is going to happen. We usually try and go for 3 days of riding with a travel day on each end. Weekends that work are Feb 13 and 14, 27 and 28 and pretty much any weekend in March will work. If anything looks good to you let us know. Thanks for the response.

Top Bottom