Any car guys on here?? My 80s time capsule

JBDoo

Reaction score
I picked up this car last weekend. I have wanted it since I was 14 back in 86. It has been tucked away in a shop since the mid 90s. It's a total time machine right down to the N50 14 Pro tracs on the back and the blue crushed velvet interior. I will have it up and cruising for this summer.

P2040698.jpg

P2040700.jpg

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did Andrew Hanneman still own it? Last I seen, the fender wells were even crushed velvet.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, those were popular in 1986..... You don't have a Mullet by any chance do you? I saw a hearse last week with the same curtains in the rear window.:d I hope you have deep pockets.....:beer:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ha ha...thats too cool.... f all the nay sayers...u know u ll be Kool in it...lol..

tried to get mama to feel the love with the old 78 f150 cruizing last summer windows down...her sitting beside me.... rear slider open blowing the ch!t out of her hair....the dog loving the passenger window open.... cool digitial am/fm radio.... playing on one of the limited am stations it pics up....

so i says to here is this cool or what..... course it was 28 c....were both sweating...and shes like...should drove the denali...... oh well some get it and some dont.....

i think we should have a hot rod - snow and mud get together...weekend...what to bring....78 f150 or 72 stang..... lol....

nice ride...

JBDoo

Reaction score
Nice ride,fun to drive they are,350 chevy in it?

It came with the 327 that was in it, but I've never run anything smaller than a 350. It has 4.56 gears so I might try the 327 and see what 7000 Rpms sound like :)

JBDoo

Reaction score
Did Andrew Hanneman still own it? Last I seen, the fender wells were even crushed velvet.

No Andrew didn't own it anymore, he sold it to a friend in the early 90s and he had it in the corner of his garage pretty much since then. The fenderwell crushed velvet panels are still with it but are a faded out a bit.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW, I can't believe that car is still around. I use to hang out with Andy and helped him build that car, spent many a day working on it. I remember racing with Andy out west of Rimbey, and the rear axle breaking where it had been welded to narrow the diff. The wheel almost fell completely off, LOL. I think we were racin one of the Rondeal boys? I raced that car with my Javelin many times. The good old days

Attachments

• javelin2 (Small).jpg
    javelin2 (Small).jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 344
  • JAVELIN3 (Small).jpg
    JAVELIN3 (Small).jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:

JBDoo

Reaction score
Nice to see your old car again Dan, where did it end up? I wish Ad would have told me about the old race scene out by Blackfalds, I never got to see them once. Do you have any pics of Andy's car from back in the day? I need to build a new grille if the last owner can't find the tube one that was in it. If I can see a picture of what it had I can build one I think.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
kool...... the vega looks like one of the 2 that i had as a younger kindaguy.......350 v8, well done, turbo 350 close ratio trans, vega 9" torque convertor, ford 9" diff with 4:33 gears.... 6point rollcage......... hmmmm, guess i'm gonna have to find another one!! :)

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry man, I went through all my old pics and I couldn't find any of the "Black Shadow". Andy is still in Red Deer, you could try and find him, he likely has some. We raced out north east of Blackfalds during the very late 80's and up until the late 90's almost every weekend. Was a blast. I sold the Javelin in 2001, hadn't drove it in few years so I started parting it out and a guy came along and wanted it the way it was so he bought it and then went to all the people I'd sold stuff to and bought it all back:d
Enough about me, this ain't my thread, lets see some more pics of that car, interior and all. I haven't seen that since the early eightys:d. I almost had a fit when I clicked on this thread and there it was:Cool9:

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seen this at a car show last weekend... who can say no to a gremlin

Attachments

• P2190048.jpg
    P2190048.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 162

JBDoo

Reaction score
Update..I'm selling the Vega. :( It's on kijiji Red Deer I need to buy a truck for towing my 27 foot holiday trailer.

Top Bottom