Any advice on shipping larger items within Canada

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey sorry, not exactly a sledding topic but I have never shipped anything large before. I am looking at a motorbike in regina and may buy sight unseen if I can find affordable shipping.

Any ideas or suggestions from past experience?

Thanks

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out U ship my dad got a zoom boom shipped about 500 km for like $400 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think your cheapest way would be to contact one of the big freight companies (Grimshaw Trucking, etc), if they can't give you a good price they may know of a smaller carrier that will.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was awhile ago but had a touring bike shipped to me out of the Vancouver area to Edmonton for around the $250 mark. What kind of bike is it?

magnet32

Reaction score
Ya phone bison or one of the big freight company's shouldn't cost to much

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Commercial trucking companies that have a route from destination a to b are the cheapest as they will be going no matter what and usually have extra room. We used to use west freight shipping crates down to texas once a week and it was surprisingly super cheap

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey sorry, not exactly a sledding topic but I have never shipped anything large before. I am looking at a motorbike in regina and may buy sight unseen if I can find affordable shipping.

Any ideas or suggestions from past experience?

Thanks

Use the S&M shipping thread! you never know someone might be coming that way and will help you out

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoops, I forgot where you lived...

Get a ride from Maxwell, then catch a plane.. LOL

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use the S&M shipping thread! you never know someone might be coming that way and will help you out
This, face it Curtis the riding season is done in the North Thompson and there are plenty of Sask members on here that will be out to the Valemount area. If they can get it as far as Salmon Arm I can meet you with it in Blue River, you buy the king of the road burger.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you sure the bike exists? I seen this summer where a backhoe disappeared on route. Ended up it never existed. Be careful buying unseen for many reasons

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would use uship lots and always good, I always hual stuff for people and all over the usa and canada I am also a member on uship and look at my feed back or pm me and give u names on here that I have shipped this for and I know you know some of them. Let me know we can chat, thx

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you sure the bike exists? I seen this summer where a backhoe disappeared on route. Ended up it never existed. Be careful buying unseen for many reasons

What he said^^^^^^^^^Be very careful when buying sight unseen.

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used manitoulin transport to ship a tool chest. They charge by square footage and item needs to be crated, cost me $300 to ship from Ontario to Alberta... I'd use them again, they dropped it off right at my work since we had a loading dock

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback folks. Re: sightunseen i understand the potential for it to go wrong but dont really know any other way...dont know anyone in regina....

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you need someone to go look at it or store it for you there are quite a few of us in Regina. I would be willing to help you out.

Thanks for the feedback folks. Re: sightunseen i understand the potential for it to go wrong but dont really know any other way...dont know anyone in regina....

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
Problem solved.....

JDen

Reaction score
I'd check with the larger shipping companies like others have mentioned. Companies like Bison Transport, B&R Eckels, Kindersley Transport, things like that. Or, as others have stated, there's a lot of us on here that frequent Valemount in the winter and could easily store it and bring it out first trip West this winter.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome guys, thanks. I actually just saw the post above mine offering to help with a initial look and I hope to take you up on that.

Thanks a lot for the help everyone. If someone ends up helping out with transport, I will be sure to show you a day of sledding that will put a smile on your face
c

Top Bottom