Antivirus Pro 2010 Virus help

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
So I was on another forum and was checking some pics, then all of a sudden my computer was saying I have an intrusion and then telling me I need to get this antivirus software to get rid of this. It was stuck in an endless loop. So I did some searching for Antivirus Pro, which is some Malware you don't want. I found this great site GeekPolice.net and now im in the process of getting rid of it. I got the new version of McAfee to install but cannot untill this is gone. This virus doesn't let you do anything, its nasty.

If you do get it you will need a second computer to do all the legwork

I should be working on the SnowandMud store tonight and the Mountain Mania III info, but cannot with the main computer down. I have a few more hours and I should have it back.

Last edited:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I had this happen last week. What you need to do is hit control, alt, delete right at the first boot screen, once task manager comes up you have to open "processes" then locate the process of the malware and end it. then finish the boot, download the small program " malwarebytes" and run it to wipe the virus. 10 minute fix. but the trick is getting task manager up before the full boot.

Last edited:

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I was on another forum and was checking some pics, then all of a sudden my computer was saying I have an intrusion and then telling me I need to get this antivirus software to get rid of this. It was stuck in an endless loop. So I did some searching for Antivirus Pro, which is some Malware you don't want. I found this great site GeekPolice.net and now im in the process of getting rid of it. I got the new version of McAfee to install but cannot untill this is gone. This virus doesn't let you do anything, its nasty.

I should be working on the SnowandMud store tonight and the Mountain Mania III info, but cannot with the main computer down. I have a few more hours and I should have it back.

Thank you for the info. This cured my PC issues which my wife caused while checking my surfing history. The only way to avoid infection is to use the task manager to close internet explorer when the pop ups occur as the closing "x" at the top right or the CANCEL icon on the pop up means the same thing as OK.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ron, how did you make out with this "clean up"? I find more often than not it is easier to re-build the system than troubleshoot and remove these nasty little viruses and spyware. It is a real pain in the a$$ somtimes but you always end up with a fresh and fast system. I am about to do mine and move to Windows 7 from Vista.

We use the McAfee enterprise stuff at work. So far I am very happy with it. McAfee also has a free product for home use called SiteAdvisor. It really helps keep unsuspecting family members (and somtimes me) for venturing onto WWW sites that contain known malware. The link is below:

McAfee SiteAdvisor Software ? Website Safety Ratings and Secure Search

Top Bottom