Another xp clutch question

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Before I get the "do a search man", I have and the answers I got are not giving me what i'm after. I've blown 2 377 belts in 1000 miles, last one lasted maybe 300 miles. I have a clutch tower vent and upper and lower side panel vents and a DJ clutch kit with mountain ramps installed at 300 miles, the sled is reading 1500 miles now. I think it is an alignment issue and not a heat issue but both times the primary has been pretty warm when getting rid of the shredded belts. My tuning skills are not where I want them to be yet and was hoping some of the more advanced and helpful guys would chime in here and put me on the right track. I'm gonna check for broken motor mounts after I get the wifes motorcycle put back together(gear shifter seal and mag cover gasket, small oil leak), gotta keep her in the good books first as her bike is disrepair and unridable right now because I decided to "fix it".:beer:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check your alignment, that is your problem. they are all out just some more than others usually 5 mm or more. you may not see it by eye but the alignment bar won't lie. dan at extreme in sylvan can set you up or a good mechanic shop, bow cycle south?

Top Bottom