Another Terrorist Attack in America

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Omar Mateen a US citizen with ties to radical Islam and part of 2 Federal investigations was shot dead last night in Orlando, Florida by a SWAT team after killing 50 people and injuring 53 more in a gay nightclub shooting. He used exclusively a assault rifle and also carried a handgun. This is the largest case of domestic terrorism in US history. He apparently was disgusted witnessing 2 gay men kissing in Miami a week earlier his father reported to MSNBC. This probably means more scrutiny on gun ownership I'm betting.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I just hope the news media doesn't put this guy on a pedestal.

The worst thing about this is that the shooter gets all the attention.

Russell P

Reaction score
It's too bad that gun control will become the hot topic of this senseless act of violence. Gun control has never been the answer to this issue, people control is. Why the hell is this guy walking around free when he is a figure in TWO federal investigations and is known to have ties with Islamic extremists!

The world is so Fawked up with the thought that we have to be politically correct that the powers that be don't worry about being CORRECT in the first place.

I don't care what color, race, or religion you are, people who are a known problem should be removed or contained away from the rest of society. But that will never happen because of the worries of being politically correct.

Sad state of affairs.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Blame on gun control" is easier and a smoke screen to take the heat off officials for letting these type of folks walk around even when knowing they could cause risk.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Blame on gun control" is easier and a smoke screen to take the heat off officials for letting these type of folks walk around even when knowing they could cause risk.
Yeah the guy was basically on a watch list? The guy watching him must be on holiday's?

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just read that he claimed to be part of a radical terrorist group and had ties to an American suicide bomber. FBI looked into it and We're unable to verify.. Mateen made A 911 call shortly before his rampage, it as unclear what he said but it's been reported he pledged allegiance to Isis.
Im sorry he was a quack that disliked gays....not sure how twisted he was but media will take this story and blow it right out of portion?
Looks like he needed attention and this is what's selling. Why not go with saving the whales, the tar sands or the singing forest. Heck I'm sure the media would love to sell "gun man kills loggers or oil patch workers" like Isis would care if any one would kill gays or Constuction workers
dudes was just plane old nuts. Someone should of put him in a box long time ago.

Media post AR-15 style riffle weapon of choice for mass murders, like what there going to use a BB gun? Hell the US military trains everyone that's 18 to use one and we can't understand why they choose to kill with one.
Guns are safe, people are nuts, justice system sucks.really we need a better screening process.
I'm sure I just stired enough sh$t up for now.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Events like this will certainly galvanize support for Trump. Obama has failed to address the terrorist issue and simply blames it on the gun issue .... While the US has lots of domestic gun violence , I fear we are entering a new era of Islamic violence in North America.
Similar to what is happening in France , Belgium and other parts of Europe.

It is time we nip this in the bud, or own people won't be safe anywhere in Public places in North America soon.
I am sorry to say , Jt and Hillary won't do anything to reduce this threat ...it appears.
The only thing these peole ( Isis followers ) understand is who has a bigger stick , if you happen to fall into the white Christian based society .... You are a target !

Being nice to them ( radical Islam )will not stop the aggression directed at non Muslims ! In 25 years from now , we will look back at this as a crucial point in time in the free world .... I am not sure we will like what we see...or how we failed to take evasive action .

In any event , a sad turn of events and there are some heavy hearts around the world tonight...
My condolences to all.

Last edited:

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried 3 times to add a comment, deleted each one. Difficult to put into words the anger, frustration and disappointment all things society has done regarding this matter past and present. Last I read 103 people 50 dead, 53 hospital some critical. A person I know has a family member in critical condition. Media and politicians jump on the gun control band wagon, others protect those who are angry by calling them rascist. Law enforcement is being blamed but from what I read they didn't really have much to keep tabs on him. An area of twitter with muslim ties is exploding with tweets celebrating this thing. Others want to turn the middle east into a sheet of glass (nuke it all). I even seen one guy tweet "fire up hitler's gas chambers and throw another rag head on the fire". I'm just a guilty. I'm pissed and make no bones about saying I see something go down I can do something about I only hope I have the firepower on hand. Does that make me wrong and intolerant?

To me politically correct has taken anti rascism backwards instead of forwards. The world is in need of a few great leaders again. Attempt 4 better hit post.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We can't nuke the middle east. The vast majority of people there are like us. They just want to go about their business. There is a smaller percentage that want to impose their will on the rest of the world. Those are the ones we need to target but unfortunately they are hard to sort out. I don't think anyone has an answer as they have a lot of hate for our way of life. I think we just take them on as they pop up, be more vigilant and watch out for everyone in western society? Places like Syria, Iraq and Yemen we have to go after them there. Better to fight on their turf than ours.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We can't nuke the middle east. The vast majority of people there are like us. They just want to go about their business. There is a smaller percentage that want to impose their will on the rest of the world. Those are the ones we need to target but unfortunately they are hard to sort out. I don't think anyone has an answer as they have a lot of hate for our way of life. I think we just take them on as they pop up, be more vigilant and watch out for everyone in western society? Places like Syria, Iraq and Yemen we have to go after them there. Better to fight on their turf than ours.
Problem is, is one day they are on one side and the next day they are on the other side with a bomb ect...

You never know when they will switch either

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is where trudeau and all his cowards just blame guns,and so called "homofobia", nothing gets done to the bad guys, and they just punish the good guys.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After the CBC takiing well over 1 billion dollars from the tax payers, why I will never know. Leaving out a lot of important facts on this shooting.... Why? I am beginning to think Trump is right on the money about Obama. Now if only we could get Trudeau off of his knees and out of the mosques to comment about the man that did the shooting.

Last edited:

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried 3 times to add a comment, deleted each one. Difficult to put into words the anger, frustration and disappointment all things society has done regarding this matter past and present. Last I read 103 people 50 dead, 53 hospital some critical. A person I know has a family member in critical condition. Media and politicians jump on the gun control band wagon, others protect those who are angry by calling them rascist. Law enforcement is being blamed but from what I read they didn't really have much to keep tabs on him. An area of twitter with muslim ties is exploding with tweets celebrating this thing. Others want to turn the middle east into a sheet of glass (nuke it all). I even seen one guy tweet "fire up hitler's gas chambers and throw another rag head on the fire". I'm just a guilty. I'm pissed and make no bones about saying I see something go down I can do something about I only hope I have the firepower on hand. Does that make me wrong and intolerant?

To me politically correct has taken anti rascism backwards instead of forwards. The world is in need of a few great leaders again. Attempt 4 better hit post.

Well said.

I think you are so right, the PC movement has taken the truth out of the matter completely. This club was a gun free zone, so adding more bureaucracy would be just beating a dead horse. But the fear and gutlessness of some politicians is only going to put more blood in the water. It's a sad truth but it is the truth.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was posted on YouTube on April 6. Coincidence?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlwxqqAprQ&feature=youtu.be
Hey ATV. You are from the US. What is the procedure to purchase restricted weapons in your country? How does a guy like Omar Mateen get an AR to begin with? They said in news reports he passed all background checks and had 2 security licence's what ever they are. I found it easy to buy restricted weapons in Canada but then I am not on an FBI watchlist either.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also was the AR he had semi auto or full auto? Can you buy full auto in the US as a private individual?

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also was the AR he had semi auto or full auto? Can you buy full auto in the US as a private individual?
It can be life in prison if you get caught a full auto ar 15 in the USA, he was probably semi automatic,

Top Bottom