Another reason to go android

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you look at any Visions flyer or Walmart or Staples they all say Authorized Reseller. These places don't get the new products on a release date only the Apple stores and the cell phone providers. Believe what you want but the two stores you are dealing with are jerking you around I bought an Apple product at one place and it didn't work properly so I took it back to the Apple store and they took care of it.
You do know that Authroized Reseller doesn't mean they are allowed to sell refurbished right? It just means they are an authorized dealer from Apple to sell their products. They have an agreement from Apple to sell their products. Ya, they do sell refurbished there, but it is advertised as refurbished. The Apple Store does the exact same thing. Authroized Reseller just means, they are buying the product from Apple, at a wholesale price, then selling it back to you at MSRP. They advertised they are an Authorized Reseller so you know you are getting genuine Apple products.
As far as Apple goes though, I avoid them. I prefer Samsung, and have had a Galaxy S, currenty own a Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab 10.1, and a Samsung Laptop. I love them all, never had a problem with them.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well its a victomless crime, right....so it don't matter......

And....when you look in a mirror, what do you see??? A thief?? Cuz thats what you are.....

I wonder if people realize how much theft and loss reflect the high prices we pay....or at least what honest folks pay.

Do you know how many watches Costco now has to sell just to break even from their loss to you, the thief??? Cuz, basically they will find the used watch and it will be a total loss to the company for your theft.

So, lets say they make 20% on that watch....let's put a price of $250 on it......So now they have to sell 5 more watches just to break even for what you stole.

You are painting all retailers as companies who don't care....and yes, some don't....learn who they are and don't support them. But a lot of companies, like Costco, take care of their customers with a great return policy that you are really abusing.

Your watch was 2 years old and the label fell off and you feel they should replace it......seriously??

So, you think its ok just to go steal one instead?

Does your wife like wearing stolen jewelry??

Do you steal sled parts too from sled retailers too??

Whatever, you alrready stated, you don't care what others think.....And yet, you are daft enough to brag about it on a public forum

Wow.....guys like you are a real asset to society

Not that is am agreeing that doing this is right however
This would not cost Costco anything as they just return to to the mfg of the item for full credit as it is there policy I you want to sell your goods in Costco you have to abide by there policy

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that is am agreeing that doing this is right however
This would not cost Costco anything as they just return to to the mfg of the item for full credit as it is there policy I you want to sell your goods in Costco you have to abide by there policy
In some stores, they would just throw this back on the shelf. The person returned because 'they changed their mind', so there shouldn't be anything wrong with the product. They would probably open the package, make sure everything is there, then stick it back on the shelf. Then someone else is going to come along and buy a busted product. Now, if you go in and return a broken product under warranty, then the store will certainly return it to the manufacturer.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have two mac desktops, two macbook pros, Ipad and 4 iphones in our house. only issue was with one of the iphones 2 years ago, everything bought from futureshop and never had an issue with the warranty with them.

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat404, I'm as much of a thief as a lawyer is a liar/con when trying to stop a conviction. We both use LEGAL loopholes in the system to achieve our goals. This return trick can't be hurting them too bad otherwise they would close the loop hole. Thanks to 250mark1 for understanding how these corporate returns work. I go back to Costco and Costco goes back to the manufacture to which I have already paid for the watch. So no one is at any loss. As Wilk INStheWEST said sometimes the store will put it back on the shelf but in the case of the watch probably not because people expect jewelry to be pristine condition and it had minor scratches. But for the Jack they probably would put it back on the shelf which is why the next time I need to return something I may try telling them it's broken and I don't want a replacement but just my money back and see if they hassle me at all. I would have a valid receipt that's within the 90 days or 30 w/e so they shouldn't. Then the next unsuspecting customer won't get screwed.

I don't do this on every return either, only the ones that are a headache for me and only with corporations not mom and pop shops. If it's a simple return it gets done the normal way you would return a item. My method is not for everyone as I said and my post was not meant to brag because what do I care if you know that I returned some items and the way I went about it, what's the benefit to me? lol. My goal was to post a informative post for Magnet and others interested so next time this happens they don't feel hog tied by the greedy corporation they are dealing with. Instead they can walk away stress free without even having to yell once knowing that they will get working merchandise in the end. I'm happy that four people so far have found my post helpful and thanked me :)

I won't bother posting a rebuttal to anymore trolls because it's not worth my time. The people who the post was meant for are seeing it and have thanked me so my job is done. :d

Jasonschaaf

Reaction score
The brother in laws company bought 100 of the I pads and seven right out of the box had problems.thats not bad I had all apple products for years and a iPad 1 and 2 with no problems but I've watched my friends with other brands have nothing but problems

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The brother in laws company bought 100 of the I pads and seven right out of the box had problems.thats not bad I had all apple products for years and a iPad 1 and 2 with no problems but I've watched my friends with other brands have nothing but problems
I'm sorry, but 7% out of the box with problems is HORRIBLE, especially when it comes to electronics. One, maybe two out of 100 is acceptable.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's 7% which is terrible!

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

OUCH thats horible!

I have ipods, they work great always have. My son "had" all the iphones and now has switched over to the Samsung3 ph and is thoroughly impressed as am I and my wife.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did a little light reading, policy states "or (b) exchange the Covered Equipment with a replacement product that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability, and is at least functionally equivalent to the original product."

Might be more to the story, might not.

But you have 14 days to return for a full refund "Items purchased at the Apple Store that are received between October 27, 2012 and December 25, 2012, may be returned through January 7, 2013"

Should have been no problems.....

Hope the new one works out good for you.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356749275.037899.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356749286.691702.jpg

Last edited:

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got to say this solution is not for everyone it is only for those who want to save TIME and MONEY the two principles that drive the world. And it goes against the single most important core value of a corporation (Get your money). Don't worry... those who use my advise don't have to thank me now, you will thank me for this great advise when you're never stuck holding the bag on defective products and you never have to yell at some poor casher who is powerless against the forces of greed to change the corporate policies. Other people in the store won't look at you like a moron while you blow a gasket and effectively achieve nothing by the end of it all. You will save a lot of time and money, the two most important things!

When it comes to corporations I remove my rosé glasses and realize they only care about one thing (Money). They could care less about you, the single shopper that's in the store to hassle them about your purchase that's already made them money. I know I sleep easy at night knowing that I got the most out of my purchases from these corporations. Those who don't follow this advise will allow the corporation executives to sleep well at night knowing they got your money and they will be good and rested to screw more people the next day!

I would hate to live in a civilization where everyone had this attitude. Lets all take the moral low ground and see where it takes us...

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would never buy ipad, don't like there people and we have 3 diff androids and like all, 1 zooom motorola, 1 asus and 1 samsong and like them all, we do have 2 iphones work well but going to the new samsung s3 soon

Top Bottom