Another "can" thread.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of the following cans listed, which one would you consider to be not to loud but not quiet like stock (sort of in the middle). I've heard the Super Q and SLP and am leaning towards the Super Q right now. The best priced can I've found so far is the GGB Mountain but I'm afraid it may be to loud around my friends.

Skinz Super Q
SLP
GGB Trail
GGB Mountain
SPI
HCS
Bikeman

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The SLP is a nice high quality unit and is baffled so there is no packing to wear out. It is very quiet though and others would sound better at WOT.

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heads up for all of us "can" users. Not to be a bearer of negative news, just what I am hearing coming out of AB. gov't regulatory circles.......

Looking to the future (1, 2, 3,+ years), the current government of Alberta and its' regulatory setting bureaucracy may institute rules similar to Yellowstone National Park in the U.S. By that I mean that, with the notice of allowing snowmobile trails/random snowmobiling areas in the proposed new Castle Provincial Park, they may adopt regulations similar to what they are "studying" south of the border. Any modification to an approved stock sled will not be allowed. Not saying this to be a humbug, just relaying on what I am hearing and getting a feeling of.

This will not affect anyone not riding in areas that these regulation would apply to......allowed Provincial Parks.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another can I forgot about made by AAEEN, had one on my wife's Rev Summit 600 HO SDI and it sounded mean, almost like she had a turbo and not excessively loud at WOT. Anyone here run one on their sled?

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A big volume can in Edmonton is MBRP

Mid range tone and decent at wot

The slip is a nice tone as well

As far as the Prov government folks deciding rules for this and that

I will be staying away from any of the designated areas based on the thought of them restricting noise levels on sleds
This may mean they will look at legislation for Motorcycles as well
Welcome to the NDP way

birdie

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of the following cans listed, which one would you consider to be not to loud but not quiet like stock (sort of in the middle). I've heard the Super Q and SLP and am leaning towards the Super Q right now. The best priced can I've found so far is the GGB Mountain but I'm afraid it may be to loud around my friends.

Skinz Super Q
SLP
GGB Trail
GGB Mountain
SPI
HCS
Bikeman

For you GGB Mountain is too loud, GGB Trail too quiet. Look at MBRP or JAWS trail cans, might be the right loudness. JAWS is $345 delivered direct from the, from Ontario so no duty costs.

EDIT just realized you're in AK, nice 35% discount for JAWS or GGB.

Last edited:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is Neil not making anything anymore???
I still have my quiet can, from my 04 Rev and not sure why? But I love how it sounded like stock on idle and had a nice mid range bark at WOT.
I'd buy another NPP can in a heart beat! If I had a Doo

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone run or heard a Skinz Ultra Q on an etec?

vpfuelman

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Neil at N Power and Performance in Edmonton is still making all kinds of silencers , from stock quiet to super loud
780 444 7472

vpfuelman

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Also there are our ceramic coated silencers at
Specialty Motorsports / Sleds

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up an HPS can last night for a smoking deal off of Craigslist. Put it on then fired it up, has a real nice growl to it and I'm looking forward to opening it up to see how loud it is in person. Anyone else run the HPS on their sled?

BEL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our SLP systems turned out to be fantastic, not much louder than stock but a notable performance improvement. Road with a friend over New Year's who added a TSS can to his 2015 800 RMK Pro and it was loud at WOT - sounded great!

Top Bottom