Angry Land Owner

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well another case of the few wrecking it for many,but was driving one of the back roads yesterday and saw where a couple of rzr's or whatever had been out in a field ripping doughnuts and chit in the stubble....??? Seriously!! This happens every year and it pizzes me off to no end..private land is Private for a reason, how would it be any different whatsoever if someone just randomly drove around town and decided it was fun to rip up your front yard??
Nothing better than having to bounce a half million dollar precision drill over some azz clowns ruts,....... In my own faking field!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score
I'm not blaming anyone but I'm sure some dealers don't even think to tell people they sell to the basic rules like ask permission first. I know some dealers will do this but they are far from few, as long as they make their buck.........whatever. Education starts from the beginning and it can't get much earlier than at point of sale.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well somebody never gave them any lessons, I would never think that people are that stupid but they are. I see it all the time, put bear boards out there, lol

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe they think its stubble and its going to be worked up in may anyways, NEVER thinking about the possible under-seed thats delicate and the equipment abuse from the ruts. In my wiser years I think about this everytime I am out riding and use discretion, probably wasnt the case when I was 10 yrs old unfortunately

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Andoo, correct education from the beginning.
Parenting I think is what that is called.
Starting from the beginning is correct and knowing what is right and what is wrong and actually giving a chit about others and there property.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not blaming anyone but I'm sure some dealers don't even think to tell people they sell to the basic rules like ask permission first. I know some dealers will do this but they are far from few, as long as they make their buck.........whatever. Education starts from the beginning and it can't get much earlier than at point of sale.

The dealer?? Seriously? Why would that be the dealers responsibility to teach respect???

When you bought your 1st truck, did the dealer tell you to stay off other people's front lawns or their gardens? Probably not, but yet I bet you know you shouldn't do it.....where did you learn that?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
definitely starts when your young, parents is where it starts, usually most only learn the hard way, and usually when money must exchange hands the learning process speeds up rather quickly. to bad to, because the easy way is so much easier.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't agree with running across others fields! But do we know for that the guys in the razors didn't own the property?

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't agree with running across others fields! But do we know for that the guys in the razors didn't own the property?

I highly dont think so, or they wouldnt rut it up, lol or maybe they are that dummmmmm

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
It's only a matter of time till another James rosko goes on a killing spree for trespassing on their land
Not saying that's right though

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score
The dealer?? Seriously? Why would that be the dealers responsibility to teach respect???

When you bought your 1st truck, did the dealer tell you to stay off other people's front lawns or their gardens? Probably not, but yet I bet you know you shouldn't do it.....where did you learn that?

Well if they don't learn much from their parents about OHV operation(like me) they learn it from watching others and not making the right decisions. All I'm suggesting is that education is everyone's part(including dealers). It can't hurt. Just like when I moved to Wainwright, I asked the dealers where I can ride(being in the military people watch us a bit closer than joe blow) so I don't pizz the neighbours off.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if they don't learn much from their parents about OHV operation(like me) they learn it from watching others and not making the right decisions. All I'm suggesting is that education is everyone's part(including dealers). It can't hurt. Just like when I moved to Wainwright, I asked the dealers where I can ride(being in the military people watch us a bit closer than joe blow) so I don't pizz the neighbours off.

Your right, asking a dealer can't hurt. Friendly advice from dealers on respecting property rights would also be a good thing. More rules & restrictions because of land abuse could equate to less sales which of course affects their bottom line.