And another G4 bulkhead gone..

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out with another guy that rubbed against a tree, on ski, no physical damage to nothing, we never thought much of it and drove away, to find latter that ski was behind other and harder to turn one direction..

called dealer for warrenty and was denied, also mentioned no good will.. doo needs there pee pee slapped hard here and this gives no respect to loyal customers at all, these bulkheads are a joke, and what a pile of work to replace, in it over ten hrs and not done, really makes one wonder and would not even consider driving another with out braces, this would of never happened to a t3..

dealer in Libby has had three bulkheads down in the 16 sleds he sold.. don't think doo is telling the whole truth about its problem

Attachments

• IMG_0490.jpg
    IMG_0490.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 573
Last edited:

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you have the sway bars connected?

you would think that doo would at least be selling these bulkheads at cost to those who need them as there is an obvious problem.

Last edited:

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fred, was the wreck less driver sat down and chastised? Perhaps a time out is in order?
Was he made aware that he was operating a "snow" mobile and "rubbing" a tree will not be tolerated!!

mkultra

Reaction score
If there was only 60 bulkhead broken they wouldnt have revised it. IMO

Did you get the updated version for your replacement?

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do we really need another fawking bulkhead thread? I starting which can for my 850 thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wapow

Reaction score
Out with another guy that rubbed against a tree, on ski, no physical damage to nothing, we never thought much of it and drove away, to find latter that ski was behind other and harder to turn one direction..

called dealer for warrenty and was denied, also mentioned no good will.. doo needs there pee pee slapped hard here and this gives no respect to loyal customers at all, these bulkheads are a joke, and what a pile of work to replace, in it over ten hrs and not done, really makes one wonder and would not even consider driving another with out braces, this would of never happened to a t3..

dealer in Libby has had three bulkheads down in the 16 sleds he sold.. don't think doo is telling the whole truth about its problem

These bulkheads fail when you nail a fixed object with a buried ski during a carve, not bumping a tree. Doesn't take too much force, which sucks, but it is an isolated scenario. Same design (i.e., a-arm attachment) with slightly different materials is used on the XM and XP and they fail similarly. It's no coincidence that Doo sells these: Ski-Doo Frame underbelly brace kit / S-module reinforcement Kit - REINFORCEMENT. I bet Doo sold way more than 60 XM/XP bulkheads this year.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These bulkheads fail when you nail a fixed object with a buried ski during a carve, not bumping a tree. Doesn't take too much force, which sucks, but it is an isolated scenario. Same design (i.e., a

That's something BRP will never disclose.....hell, there's a even dealer on here has had no issues, none, nada.....:rolleyes:.....:rolleyes:.....and it sounds he sells more sleds to his "clients" than all the other dealers combined.....and they have all been perfect....:rolling:.....:rolling:.......I think according to him, your issues are fake news

Jgibos

Reaction score
These bulkheads fail when you nail a fixed object with a buried ski during a carve, not bumping a tree. Doesn't take too much force, which sucks, but it is an isolated scenario. Same design (i.e., a

That's something BRP will never disclose.....hell, there's a even dealer on here has had no issues, none, nada.....:rolleyes:.....:rolleyes:.....and it sounds he sells more sleds to his "clients" than all the other dealers combined.....and they have all been perfect....:rolling:.....:rolling:.......I think according to him, your issues are fake news

Ski doos philosophy
Another bulkhead down!
Lets come up with a really stupid distraction like the shot system. This will distract the consumers from the real problem.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer told me 70 for the brace 287 to install and it not a recall they said there no issue with 2017 bulkhead. I did take a pretty good hit on the sled last weekend and was amazed no bulkhead damage but it was a square hit not at the magical 15 degrees, they also said my 2017 is worth 9 on trade hows that for holding value

Wapow

Reaction score
Dealer told me 70 for the brace 287 to install and it not a recall they said there no issue with 2017 bulkhead. I did take a pretty good hit on the sled last weekend and was amazed no bulkhead damage but it was a square hit not at the magical 15 degrees, they also said my 2017 is worth 9 on trade hows that for holding value

I'm actually pretty stoked on those numbers. I'd pay $350 for a brace that's been tested by Doo and requires engine removal for the install. I have the GnR and haven't installed it yet. Probably do both at the beginning of next season. As for the $9k trade-in, that sounds about right. I'd expect a private sale to be around $10k for a low milage unit in good shape, and dealers will knock that down a grand. They know most of us are too lazy to hunt down a buyer for the difference.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shouldnt be paying anything for the brace in my eyes and at 17k 3 months ago and now worth 9 that sounds right to you? I sure wish i had your money, i just sold one of my 2014s for 8200 and the 17 is worth 10 in your eyes? I dont think anyone be lettin theres go for 10

QUOTE=Wapow;2379308]I'm actually pretty stoked on those numbers. I'd pay $350 for a brace that's been tested by Doo and requires engine removal for the install. I have the GnR and haven't installed it yet. Probably do both at the beginning of next season. As for the $9k trade-in, that sounds about right. I'd expect a private sale to be around $10k for a low milage unit in good shape, and dealers will knock that down a grand. They know most of us are too lazy to hunt down a buyer for the difference.[/QUOTE]

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
These bulkheads fail when you nail a fixed object with a buried ski during a carve, not bumping a tree. Doesn't take too much force, which sucks, but it is an isolated scenario. Same design (i.e., a-arm attachment) with slightly different materials is used on the XM and XP and they fail similarly. It's no coincidence that Doo sells these: Ski-Doo Frame underbelly brace kit / S-module reinforcement Kit - REINFORCEMENT. I bet Doo sold way more than 60 XM/XP bulkheads this year.

I ordered the reinforcement bracket for mine today, that link above is for the XM. The G4 brace is $80 Cdn from the dealer, then you have to buy a metal template to mark the holes for another $50.00. I decided to do this to be Proactive rather than breaking something. I'll post picks of it when I get it tomorrow. For the dealer to install it was approximately $350 for labour and materials. I have 2 sleds to do.

olymon

Reaction score
Kind of an off the wall question, do the lynx sleds come in a G4 type of platform. Those lynx were always overly built like tanks. Any idea if they have been having bulkhead issues if they are the same G4 type platform. I suck at searches like that, anybody got any info.

Riding old sleds

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha RUBBED a tree.....common fred. that really sucks but what do you define as a RUB LOLOL
Clipped a rock during a short sidehill. 15kph. Witnesses all shocked at damage. No damage to anything else to sled. Carbides were lightly ground down as I do with all my sleds. It's a flawed bulkhead. If you know anything about the manufacturing world you would know what it costs to "update" any part on a sled. From the design process, man hours, retooling, outsourcing, we are taking thousands upon thousands of dollars spent on updating a part. Then factor in the marketing in addressing the.... Non.... Issue.

The sled performs. But isn't reliable. Fact. No matter what any doolaid wants to dispute. These sleds have big issues. Just like anything manufactured, many more with no issues, than with. I know guys with 1100 turbos that Love them, don't blow belts, etc. But we all know what a pile of donkey dicks that sled is.

Just wait a year or two when the crank bearings start going....

8aa2c979ae1a9a41e129787dfd79823c.jpg
c4cf02b3ad052b899edb0134904fccad.jpg
cecdb8d3af0b97447539e33a2bdb0285.jpg
aada191e6f0b0448250b177cf91119ae.jpg
53bab3728ca6c5886bf9a5fe55abe64d.jpg

I give them two years and this sled will be on top.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom