Amsoil bog?

05765scott

Reaction score
Sled has bog around 6500 when hit throttle it climbs to 7300ish drops down to 6500ish then comes back up, just wondering if gummed up exhaust valves would cause this? Approx 1300kms on sled cant remember if I cleaned them last year how long till you clean yours running Amsoil?

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probalbly a good idea to clean em anyways and go for a rip to see if the problem is still there.

05765scott

Reaction score
I checked second last ride out was good but when I get back in town will check and check exhaust valves, gummed up starting to make sense since my other sled last ride out seemed to do the same sort of thing thanks for the good idea on what to check

05765scott

Reaction score
Yep the valves were in rough shape thought I cleaned last year I was wrong cleaned them and bog seemed to disappear, talked to sled shed he asked if all springs were on can and when I went to check the can had moved and was missing bottom spring. Everything seems to be back to normal now. Have to put some Kms on tomorrow and run it hard. Cycle works were pretty good and even were trying to arrange a demo sled so I could ride.

Last edited:

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
easy fix, make sure to clean out that compression port going into the cylinder. what year is your pro anyways?

05765scott

Reaction score
2014 what do you use to clean that port with? I just used a scotch brite pad and paper towel didn't want to spray something that would eat the bellows

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2014 what do you use to clean that port with? I just used a scotch brite pad and paper towel didn't want to spray something that would eat the bellows

that port goes from the bellow into the cylinder. i use a tiny drill bit and spin it with my fingers. shine a flashlight in where the spark plug goes and it will help you see through the valve ports.

i have a service manual for the 11/12 pros it will cover some of the 13+ sleds but there are changes. if you want it ?.

Screenshot 2015-01-20 13.50.01.jpg

Last edited:

05765scott

Reaction score
Thank you I think I should be good, after next trip out I going to clean again and see how bad they are. I will flip open my service manual and do some reading.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't run amsoil but it is known as a brand that has lots of detergent so I wouldn't think it caused deposits more than any other brand would have. More of a maintenance item.

Top Bottom