Ams oil in chain case?

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone thinks about using ams oil in the chain case of my ski doo 800. Buddy owns a Napa says it’s great for that. On the other hand dealership says that stuff has Failed in a bunch of chain cases. Is the dealership just being biased for their own product or should I change it to brp oil. Just trying to support my buddies business. Thx ps it’s the ams oil for chain case

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone thinks about using ams oil in the chain case of my ski doo 800. Buddy owns a Napa says it’s great for that. On the other hand dealership says that stuff has Failed in a bunch of chain cases. Is the dealership just being biased for their own product or should I change it to brp oil. Just trying to support my buddies business. Thx ps it’s the ams oil for chain case

Im not an Amsoil lover at all but their Chaincase oil is good as well as their marine outboard oil. As others have stated, atf, gear oil etc, haven’t heard of a failure.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard a story from a friend who changed his 450 amsoil between motos and forgot to put any back in. Ran the next moto, won, realized what happened... bike ran fine after. sounds like good film strength! who knows

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard a story from a friend who changed his 450 amsoil between motos and forgot to put any back in. Ran the next moto, won, realized what happened... bike ran fine after. sounds like good film strength! who knows
Haha I did that with a chaincase, ran Amsoil chaincase oil in it for a couple seasons prior.

Did a track change and forgot to fill it back up, when for a quick 20km ride after brought it back to the shop and no oil in the chain case. Topped it off and put 1500 more on on that sled before selling it. Never had a problem.

Top Bottom