Aluminum Checkerplate Oxidation Removal

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a good suggestion for removing oxidation from aluminum checkerplate? Looking for a good product. Tried the you tube suggestions of Coke, lemon juice, aluminum wheel cleaner. Lemon juice worked alright, but not well enough. Have the polish, just need to gt the oxidation off first.

Thanks.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's awesome, thanks! Was gong to look into Greggs or Acklands this evening. You saved me a step and good to know they work. :beerchug:

Either of these 2 from Gregg's I used it and it takes everything off and makes it look like new. Then polishing is very easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used those as well, they work well but remember they are acids be careful with overspray etc. Test a small spot first, sometimes it will etch your aluminum out worse that it is already causing you more work to get it polished back up.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Buddy of mine works at a dealership here in Saskatchewan, he said using a watered down acid solution works wonders. He sprays it on all the new cars when they come shipped on rail to get all the rail dust off. And when they take used cars in on trades it cleans aluminum mags like wonders he said. I would have to find out exactly what mixture he does.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I used the F1 polish that BoydO used for all his polishing. Worked great on tunnels but not so great on my flat deck. The road salt does a number every winter and I got fed up and put Linex on it. Looks great now!

Cummins610

Reaction score
Thought the brighter was the best thing ever, then you overuse it and it turns aluminum to chalk. Nothing's going to replace polishing but it does alright, just don't get greedy. Cheapest at traction or fort Gary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was talking to a guy who used to do trailers and he said they used Vim first, then polish. Might try it. Gregg's wants $105 for a gallon of the brightener.

nathan#19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use Dakota shine. Just like any acid cleaner, if you let it dry on the surface it will turn it very white looking. Just rinse very well.

Top Bottom