almost ready to trade my 08 m1 153 for a nytro PLEASE SAVE ME FROM MYSELF

ryno21

Reaction score
I have a 2008 m1000 153 thats been nothing short of a B*tch since i bought it. CCU light flashes periodicly since first ride, throttle got stuck once, blew a belt at 150 kms, clutch slipps in deep snow, steering froze solid twice. This sled has been nothing but a pain in my a** ever since new, problem after problem after problem. I dont mind fixing the odd thing or whatever but damn, i would like the thing to spend more time in the snow then in the shop. The last thing i want to do is own any yamaha, but some of my friends have yamahammers and never have any problems short of me making fun of them. lol any suggestions?

m8cat

Reaction score
Your talking crazyness here my friend......That bad cat is only one of very few gone astray...Buy a new Cat and forget about that Yammy

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you should go for it. The more Nitros out there (without turbos)the more fresh snow there will be on the top half of the hills for the rest of us.:d:d

jeffg463

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come to your senses man! Trade that bad 'Cat off on a new one Get yourself an HCR and you'll forget all about any problems you've had. We'll forgive you for your blasphemy this time 'cause we know you're stressed, but think about it, Yamaha??!?:nono:

ryno21

Reaction score
heres the problem, my dad also bought a 08 m8 at the same time, both from reddeer power sports, that pos blew a belt at under 300 mi and steering freezes all the time, i went back to them a couple times and even called cat, both of which basically told me to sit on it and rotate. im almost thinking that whoevers putting these things together in over in reddeer has them set up wrong or something.

HARDCORE

Reaction score
I have to agree with you 110%, I personally will never shop there again. Gave them 2 chances and messed them up both times so I'm done and so are all my bros!

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres the problem, my dad also bought a 08 m8 at the same time, both from reddeer power sports, that pos blew a belt at under 300 mi and steering freezes all the time, i went back to them a couple times and even called cat, both of which basically told me to sit on it and rotate. im almost thinking that whoevers putting these things together in over in reddeer has them set up wrong or something.

We just bought a 2008 M1000 162 and a 2008 M800 162 from RD PWRSPRTS with no issues, just got back from a 9 day sledding trip to the kootenays, rode em hard with no major issues. My M1000 has a wierd chatter when I let off the throttle, sounds like my belt toggling down kinda chirps a bit. PDI's should always be done to spec! I'll definately post any info if I have to deal with them for warranty. I Deal with Alvin for sales and Chris for information, Jay at the parts desk is good too.

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been ridding Cat for many years and have never had the steering freeze. How does this happen?

Brockster1000

Reaction score
I have a few buddies with yamaha's, one of them has even come up with a nickname for his wife because of his yamaha. He has nicknamed her APEX because she's big and heavy and hard to ride!

jeffg463

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been ridding Cat for many years and have never had the steering freeze. How does this happen?

snow has got to be getting under the hood, melting and then freezing below by the steering linkage. My wife poked a hole in her belly pan and she would freeze up to the point she couldn't steer.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 m1000 153 thats been nothing short of a B*tch since i bought it. CCU light flashes periodicly since first ride, throttle got stuck once, blew a belt at 150 kms, clutch slipps in deep snow, steering froze solid twice. This sled has been nothing but a pain in my a** ever since new, problem after problem after problem. I dont mind fixing the odd thing or whatever but damn, i would like the thing to spend more time in the snow then in the shop. The last thing i want to do is own any yamaha, but some of my friends have yamahammers and never have any problems short of me making fun of them. lol any suggestions?

sorry for ur misfortune, the m8 as a rule are a pretty cool sled,,, sounds like a few things that should have been looked after, i good go threw them step by step with u... i think that all ur issues should be easily fixable, give me self or mark a call and we can help u out.... i love my apex...not a nytro fan yet...as the m8s seem to shine out of the box....well 99 percent of them,

did the dealer reflash ur ecu as there was an update?

the clutch sounds like it needs to be aligned or somethings hanging up somewhere....

as far as the stuck throttle we had a couple guys with issues . unplug the wiring to the override and put some die electric grease in it and double check the throttle cable routing, as the override should prevent it from sticking....

steering sticking? i agree check and make sure after a ride that there is no snow getting in that could freeze up the steering arms or on the tie rod boots,, this could also be a cause of the ecu shorting out. maybe???

tough to fix over the net bud...but that should be a start...

Terry

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a few buddies with yamaha's, one of them has even come up with a nickname for his wife because of his yamaha. He has nicknamed her APEX because she's big and heavy and hard to ride!
Wow check out slim & trim they have a discounts on now for the weight loss programs. LOL:)

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come to your senses man! Trade that bad 'Cat off on a new one Get yourself an HCR and you'll forget all about any problems you've had. We'll forgive you for your blasphemy this time 'cause we know you're stressed, but think about it, Yamaha??!?:nono:

hey man come see us at t&t different strokes for differnt folks... mr.t the owner rides a apex i ride a hcr its all what ever you want,...

780 826 6121

SnowBuggy

Reaction score
had the same troubles with frozen throttle cable 08/m1. After repeated trips to the dealership and choice words they finally replaced it. Also troubles with the sled running properly never was fixed properly. bought 09 hcr not many miles but sled is awesome do notice hp difference as expected. Turbo may be in order.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a piece of mind take it to T&T and let Terry have a peek at it for you, sounds like the sled isn't set up properly and just needs to be dialed in a bit.

Then if your still not happy he'll swing ya a deal on either a Yamaha or Cat.

Top Bottom