Almost ready for the season

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been working on my 2016 Polaris AXYS 163 and it's almost ready for the snow.

This sled now has:
Skinz front bumper, Old Skinz IQ chassis skid plate, Source Innovations Offset Spindles with wheel kit, Arm Candy A-Arm Braces, Skinz windshield bag, Polaris/Burandt tunnel storage bag, reversible scratchers, non-carbide ski wear bars. SLP pipe and can, TKI 2.42:1 belt drive, WRP belt drive guard, Source Innovations Clutching, the track is now fully clipped, and I just added our new Source Innovations Suspension Coupler.

In the video I try and push down the suspension to show how the coupler works but with one hand it was a fail while trying to hold the camera.

Anyway just need to re-install the Phantom Teth-Air and give her a good cleaning and it will be ready.

Here it is: https://youtu.be/1S0_z4iBN9U

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of goodies on that sled. How much storage you get with the Skinz Dash bag? And what is the purpose of the Suspension Coupler? Will it work with a 155 track or is it needed with shorter tracks?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of goodies on that sled. How much storage you get with the Skinz Dash bag? And what is the purpose of the Suspension Coupler? Will it work with a 155 track or is it needed with shorter tracks?

The windshield bag holds at least 2 water bottles and more. The suspension coupler:

After running a coupler in my 163 AXYS skid last season I was very impressed with how well it worked to give me the control I needed when climbing through tight trees. Unfortunately it came with a price. The type I used required some cutting of my stock suspension and the coupler beat up my scissor.

We worked with our machinist to make the necessary improvements so no cutting for installation was necessary and made aluminum blocks that bolt to the scissor to spread the forces.

Here is the resulting design. I had to make 10 kits and need to sell 9 to cover the cost to do my own sled.

We will be testing extensively as soon as the snow flies.

And no we have not tried it on a 155 or 174 skid yet.

We are also using some better hardware for the kits being sold.

We will be selling for $275 CDN (USA about 75% with exchange)

A quick little video: https://youtu.be/pyeTVHSBIlg

For those who are not familiar with a coupled suspension, the coupler transfers the rear motion to the front of the skid. As the rear squishes down the blocks will stop the compression until the front shock also compresses. This keeps the nose of the sled down. Of course when you want it playful just turn the cross shaft to allow more room for the scissor to swing back.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank for the thread Chris. As you know I don't ride a Polaris, but its interesting to see what other people are doing and why. Only a few guys doing that on here. Thanks again.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank for the thread Chris. As you know I don't ride a Polaris, but its interesting to see what other people are doing and why. Only a few guys doing that on here. Thanks again.

Keith, we will get you in the trees this year and show you how these little tricks work. I bet you have a smile on your face at the end of the day!

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chris, How do the hyfax look on your sled? I replaced mine on the weekend, 1115 miles and they were down to 1/8" in one spot. I rode some low snow down low in Sicamous but always ran my scratchers once i hit snow. However, i did remove some of the wheels so that wouldn't have helped.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chris, How do the hyfax look on your sled? I replaced mine on the weekend, 1115 miles and they were down to 1/8" in one spot. I rode some low snow down low in Sicamous but always ran my scratchers once i hit snow. However, i did remove some of the wheels so that wouldn't have helped.

I have about 2000 kms on it and they are like new. I use the reversible scratchers and they throw twice as much snow. There are not many wheels to remove in this skid.

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have about 2000 kms on it and they are like new. I use the reversible scratchers and they throw twice as much snow. There are not many wheels to remove in this skid.

Mine is an SKS so there was 2 sets removed. I haven't changed a set since the XLT days, haha

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I forgot to put one scratched down so I have uneven wear lol

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chris I will take you up on your offer later in the season. I will be riding the G4 this year. Hopefully it will help me out in the trees. I am excited to see if it helps. Either way I usually have a smile on my face when I am sledding notwithstanding a bit of egg from time to time.
Keith, we will get you in the trees this year and show you how these little tricks work. I bet you have a smile on your face at the end of the day!

Top Bottom