Allen creek trail and the people who can't ride

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'v been riding allen for 15 years and I thought the days of the switch back jams were over until last sat. If you cant get up the trail go home or go
somewhere else.There is no reason to polish up the trail and for the guys who could not get up the old trail and went through the fence (loosers,
) just my opinion.

PS to the 4 guys spun out in my way up the old trail sorry about the shrapnel flying from my track

Chrisco

Last edited by a moderator:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'v been riding allen for 15 years and I thought the days of the switch back jams were over until last sat. If you cant get up the trail go home or go
somewhere else.There is no reason to polish up the trail and for the guys who could not get up the old trail and went through the fence (loosers,
pussys) just my opinion.

PS to the 4 guys spun out in my way up the old trail sorry about the shrapnel flying from my track

Chrisco

Ive been riding a while too and the first thing you should do is respect those who have not,promoting the sport involves newbies.There is a reason they made the new trail up so there must have been a lot of loosers up there.It was the switchbacks.Unfortunatly we have to use the old trail up untill grooming starts so I would you suggest rather than calling then names mayby slow down and show them the ropes.
Your get out of my way attitude pisses me off!
Oh ya and keep it clean or go home!
catmando

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
18 years for me this year. "Good god thats kinda depressing" i wonder how many times ive been up and down that trail. Still excited every time i pull in the parking lot tho. Think i have seen every wreck possible on that trail and yes i have spun out on it more than a couple times and i consider myself as good a rider as any, It happens.

Seen a good one on wensday, this poor kid was crossing the creek with the round rock on the west side of it when he dumped it and landed in the water, poor guy got soaked.
Anyway, over the years ive been the kid in the water and the old guy shaking his head, a little consideration and patience goes a long ways boys

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been riding a while too and the first thing you should do is respect those who have not,promoting the sport involves newbies.There is a reason they made the new trail up so there must have been a lot of loosers up there.It was the switchbacks.Unfortunatly we have to use the old trail up untill grooming starts so I would you suggest rather than calling then names mayby slow down and show them the ropes.
catmando

Well Said catman.............I could I should but I won't :nono:

Think you replied to that perfectly..:beer:

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
catmando

Hats off to you...catmando!!! Well said !! Where would jouneymen be....without apprentices!!!!!!

:):beer::beer::)

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I agree with KittyCatMan...patients is require. I see it the other way (IMO), if you want to avoid people, then don't ride in a heavy traffic area....like all sports there are always beginners who are trying their best to keep up ( I was one a long time ago).

That being said, I also think there is a safety factor that Chrisco is touching on. If your going to take your beginner buddy's out then Allen is not the place to go.

Buddy of mine was with a group a few years ago and one of the guys (mid 30's and a tough guy) got in over his head mountain riding. He sat on the side of the mountain in tears cause he was scared to death. He never rode a sled again. I blame the lead guy for putting him in that spot, not the newbie rider.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes as a leader you need to know how capable the riders are in your group. I think thats how alot of guys that take there kids out are aware of this.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On our tours, like today we have newbee's here wanting to learn the mountains. They are all starting on Bell for the first 2 days and then day 3 going up Renshaw if they are ready. This sport is all about trying to get people into it and grow and have a good time. Well said Curtis.

Mtn-guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with KittyCatMan...patients is require. I see it the other way (IMO), if you want to avoid people, then don't ride in a heavy traffic area....like all sports there are always beginners who are trying their best to keep up ( I was one a long time ago).

That being said, I also think there is a safety factor that Chrisco is touching on. If your going to take your beginner buddy's out then Allen is not the place to go.

Buddy of mine was with a group a few years ago and one of the guys (mid 30's and a tough guy) got in over his head mountain riding. He sat on the side of the mountain in tears cause he was scared to death. He never rode a sled again. I blame the lead guy for putting him in that spot, not the newbie rider.

I agree totally. Where is a good place for a beginner in Valemount? I think I have to take someone that has never ridden the mountains before in Janurary so it would be nice to start him somewhere a little easier. I know the group is set on goin to Valemount.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
problem is they are probably just as eager as everyone else for a ride. They just want to get out, not realizing the trail is not groomed and conditions are not like mid season

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow gota love arrogant people like chrisco here. helping out the sport in all ways possible!

ill just tell you about my experience last weekend.

i consider my self an EXCELLENT rider. and i almost didnt make it up that waterfall. and yes it is a waterfall if you have been riding for 15 years there you would know that. i still laugh when i hear people talking about icing up the trail in that spot. considering it is a FROZEN RIVER whos fault is that??!?!. even the best of us can hit a small bump or make an error resulting in failure to make it to the top. me and my 144 had a hard time being the VERY GOOD rider i am. not all of us have a turbo 1000 with 200kmh track speed that can just give it and go.

how about next time you stop and lend a hand. thats what the sport is about.

also.

if i recall the trail maps and information allen is listed as a beginner to intermediate trail. not everyone knows what to expect when they go to that trail.

llike stated before. if your such a pro why go to allen where you knew there would be beginner riders.

give your head a shake man. no one wants to hear about it ok. we like new people in the sport and wouldnt mind to see people like you disappearing.

joesled

Reaction score
I have been riding the beautiful Rocky Mountains for 5 years now.I am far from being an expert but try to improve with every climb.I remember my first ride with my Buddy's who had been ridding them for years.The things I remember are how excited I was and how determined I was not to slow them down or anyone else for that matter.I'm sure we all can remember how intimidating the mountains were on the first big ride.Give the new guys a break.I am sure the last thing they want to do is to tick anyone off.We all share a BROTHER HOOD.Lets look out for one another cause you never know when there may come a day when you may need a hand and I dint think it will matter weather it be an expert or beginner who lens one!

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were coming out of milage about 2 years ago and we were racing on the lake before we came down for the day and there was a guy on a m7 braging about how good he was and on the way down the trail we came around a corner and there this guy was but no sled ,sled went down a bank about 30 ft. so if you been riding for 20years or 20 min everyone screws up once and awile. we try to help out anyone in trouble wether they pissed me off or not. were all there to have fun and be safe and if you worked together you'd all get up to the alpine quicker

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On our tours, like today we have newbee's here wanting to learn the mountains. They are all starting on Bell for the first 2 days and then day 3 going up Renshaw if they are ready. This sport is all about trying to get people into it and grow and have a good time. Well said Curtis.

Hey that is where I figured i would take my dad for his first ride. I don't want him to get scared and as he is new to sledding to begin with. I would hope that if someone seen him stuck or in trouble and I needed a hand getting him out of trouble someone would stop and help. I always stop and help if I see someone who looks like their in trouble. I am just glad that my dad bought a sled so it gives us a chance to hang out and do things together that we never have done before.
Sure it is nice to fly up the hill but rememeber it will still be their if it takes an extra 1/2 hour to get up there in 1 peice. Well I am done rambling and hope everyone has a great season and alot fun.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm as new as it gets. Last year I got stuck in a creek in McBride and it was buried. Three guys came along and spend at least an hour helping me get out. I still can't believe they would spend an hour of THEIR time to help out a fellow rider. Being new to the sport it was a great way to be welcomed. I waited at my truck at the end of the day to try and repay them. :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

I'm heading to Allen on Sat so if anyone needs a hand look for the oldest sled on the hill that will be me :snow:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well chrisco i doubt if this was the response you were expecting.
So i'll stick up for you a bit. I dont agree with you telling people to go home or somewhere else there are alot of inexpirenced rideres out there and iam sure that as skilled as you still screw up time to time

I do fail to understand thou why person after person has to gas it around those switch backs when a slow steady throttle would prevent the skating rink that forms there.Or why people have to trench out tight tree trails when a little common sense would preserve the trail for everyone
Dont jump on the chrisco slamming bandwagon to hard guys. There are a pile of sledders out there with shitty, selfish attitudes.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll agree with chrisco's comments on who ever went through the fence! Even newbies know not to do that!

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have only been riding for two years in the mountains. So far I have met some really awesome people and have met some real jerks! I have helped some people in need and i have been helped. The best memory i have is in blue river where i piled my machine into the rocks and 1 guy of not a small stature walked all the way up the hill to help me and my friend and girlfriend, get my machine out while all his friends sat at the bottom critizing my mistake. I still remember it like yesterday and vowed never to be like that guys friends.

Last edited:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Fantastic account of the "Great" people sledding...I have simular stories and have repaid the debt many many times over and will continue.
I have only been riding for two years in the mountains. So far I have met some really awesome people and have met some real jerks! I have helped some people in need and i have been helped. The best memory i have is in blue river where i piled my machine into the rocks and 1 guy of not a small stature walked all the way up the hill to help me and my friend and girlfriend, get my machine out while all his friends sat at the bottom critizing my mistake. I still remember it like yesterday and vowed never to be like that guys friends.

Top Bottom