06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Avalanche alley slid yesterday.
IMG_7920.jpeg

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are seeing 20deg here for the next few days, this maybe the earliest in 40yrs that I call it quit for the season. Was out yesterday and the snow is taking a ch!t kicking from the sun, things are getting very spicy and sink holes may become an issue with this type of transformation.
No sledding today, maybe tomorrow.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's snow in the forcast next week
Yes I heard the same. Problem is the snow exposed to such heat and sun once cold enough to snow will turn into concrete. It would need to dump 2ft to make it decent and then avy risk goes even higher.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I heard the same. Problem is the snow exposed to such heat and sun once cold enough to snow will turn into concrete. It would need to dump 2ft to make it decent and then avy risk goes even higher.
Foot or so in the forecast.

1000011325.jpg

The sun in the forecast prior to that could have a serious effect on that crust though, which could then mean the issue of the persistent layer of depth hoar becomes active down on the surface. This is what we dug up from the bottom of the snowpack 2 weeks ago. The crust layer was acting as a bridge though.

1000011037.jpg

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Foot or so in the forecast.

View attachment 280984

The sun in the forecast prior to that could have a serious effect on that crust though, which could then mean the issue of the persistent layer of depth hoar becomes active down on the surface. This is what we dug up from the bottom of the snowpack 2 weeks ago. The crust layer was acting as a bridge though.

View attachment 280985

ch!t Sandwhich !

Top Bottom