All terrain vehicles in Parkland county

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the regulation for All Terrain Vehicles in Parkland county, which is west of edmonton all the way to evansburg / entwhistle. The county has recently employed approximatly 10 constables and The highway Sheriffs also patrol this county. Ride smart. Ride safe.

In a Subdivision or Hamlet:

Off highway vehicles are allowed only on the road surface and not in the ditch (this does not include provincial highways or ditches along provincial highways).
The maximum speed limit while riding on a road surface is 30 km/hr.
On range roads and township roads:

Off highway vehicles are allowed on the road surface as well as in the ditch (this does not include provincial highways or ditches along provincial highways).
The maximum speed limit while riding on a road surface is 50 km/hr.
The maximum speed limit while riding in a ditch is 30 km/hr.
At all times:

Off highway vehicles must travel on the right hand side of the road, with traffic.
Operation of off highway vehicles is permitted between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
The off highway vehicle operator must be at least 14 years of age and hold a valid Class 7 Operators License, while driving on County roads and in ditches.
The off highway vehicle must be registered and insured
The operator and passenger, if any, must be wearing helmets.
Off highway vehicles are prohibited on environmental reserves, school property and any land marked with signage.
Off highway vehicles require daytime lights, while driving on County roads and in ditches.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
it's pretty cool I drove by a county mountie the other day and waved on my way by.

Top Bottom