all new body style gm pickup owners

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has up sized their tires and been able to recalibrate the speedo the superchips cortex says it wont work on new body trucks and hypertech doesnt say either way. The ol lady borrowed my truck n got a ticket so i figure if i can program my gasser and fix that issue even better. plus has anyone had issues with tire pressure monitoring system as fars as aftermarket tires and them not being rated for the tpms minimal rear tire pressure and if you know how or have connections to fix it

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure about the speedo calibration on a gasser, I have the LMM and use the quad stealth 2 for speedo calibration. As for the TPMS with aftermarket tires, they can be reprogrammed to any PSI. The hard part is finding a dealer that will do it. Some wont do it saying its a liability issue, which is crap. Some also say its not possible, which is also crap. So if you have a good dealer it shouldn't be a problem to get them reprogrammed, I got mine reprogrammed to 50psi all around for my toyo m/t 35's.

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think you can reprogram with bully dog or any of the programers for any tire size but wait until onstar has expired, they do monthly diag and will void warranty . i have looked into it for the dirtymax and was told this info..

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got a recall letter for heated windshield washer fluid malfunction starting trucks on fire!! on 07 and up new body style any1 else??

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got a recall letter for heated windshield washer fluid malfunction starting trucks on fire!! on 07 and up new body style any1 else??

havent heard that but i do know that some trucks wont start at all due to their wonderful oem remote start. Recall should be in the mail.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did get the recall for heated washers for my wifes 07 Denali, my truck was jsut in for some repairs last week, with no mention of recall on my 08 sierra. They did mention the recall at the dealership for the Denali. No fix as of yet from GM. Dealers are just removing the fuse, fix apparently available late Nov. so dont rush in to get it done yet. Havent heard about any remote start issues yet, mines working great on both vehicles.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rmksledder is that 16km/h at 100? did you get your cluster changed from miles to kilometers? my truck also from states, speedo changed and running 35's, according to my GPS 115 on the speedo is 120. Just got a Quad stealth 2, going to re-calibrate speedo next week after my DPF falls off.

rmksledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
toook it into the dealer and they said they didnt have the equptment to do it. no just left the mph oone on there. got a ticket a few weeeks ago fromit the cop said there were some that he pulled over and they were as much as 30 kmh right off the lot with stock tires.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I have an 08 3/4 ton and i tried to take 30 + pounds out of the rear tires for winter and that tire light turned on and i don't think you can get rid of it .I think it is set at 70+ pounds.I have to phone my service manager buddy

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you have a "buddy" who is a service manager, he will be able to fix this for you. They can reprogram the settings, like i stated above.

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 3/4 ton and i tried to take 30 + pounds out of the rear tires for winter and that tire light turned on and i don't think you can get rid of it .I think it is set at 70+ pounds.I have to phone my service manager buddy
64 psi to be exact. I fought this since i bought the truck and it ruined one set of tires so now im out to save my new ones and im tryn to find a dealer to do it for me.

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On some of the guys with the bigger tires and after market rims we've taken out the sensors of the stock rims and put them into the spare tire.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told that wont work. the sensors are motion activated. if they sit in a tire that doesnt rotate they will eventually shut off.

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told that wont work. the sensors are motion activated. if they sit in a tire that doesnt rotate they will eventually shut off.

On the older ones I know they have to be in motion to work.I haven't had anyone come back and say anything about them not working on the new trucks.

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the older ones I know they have to be in motion to work.I haven't had anyone come back and say anything about them not working on the new trucks.

i'll verify that it reads sitting still. I was filling my tires one day and looked at the screen when i hopped in and it had went up to what my tire gauge said

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i feel a rant coming on,....

tpms in the spare won't work in the new trucks.

any chev dealer who know what they are doing will be able to reprogram for tire size. we do up alot of new trucks so they have it down pat.

as far as the oem not starting, haven't heard that one. i hear about it not starting because they are not using the remote properly.

for the heated washer fluid that is valid and parts should be available after november 1st.

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only way to use the factory remote starter proper is if your sitting in the truck.lol Seriously those factory remote starts are only as good as far as you can throw your keys.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'd have to agree...mine barely starts from in my house...have to go to door and start through the window making sure no obstructions between house and truck.if nose truck up to garage usually won't start unless garage door open. if i park on srteet with clear path MAY get lucky and....vroom...but if not holding my mouth right on something no go

Top Bottom