alder flats

Will Bondy

Reaction score
Heading to alder flats this weekend for a small day quading trip...... I am guessing if I stay on the trails I should be good?? Any advice never been there.......

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've only ridden there a couple of times and didn't find a ton of actual trails. What trails we did find had very deep mud holes and ruts. The rest was mostly cut lines, many of which are very skeggy. Most of the riding we found was South of TWP 460. Most everything we found North of 460 dead ended on us.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I've only ridden there a couple of times and didn't find a ton of actual trails. What trails we did find had very deep mud holes and ruts. The rest was mostly cut lines, many of which are very skeggy. Most of the riding we found was South of TWP 460. Most everything we found North of 460 dead ended on us.

most of that skeg should be frozen right now, might be able to make some miles, but use caution as there may be soft spots and you could break thru.

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was to Alder Flats as a kid. maybe in 92. There's a ghost town "emtee town" with a few trails leading out of there. But I was 5yrs old. Lots could have changed in 25years

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was to Alder Flats as a kid. maybe in 92. There's a ghost town "emtee town" with a few trails leading out of there. But I was 5yrs old. Lots could have changed in 25years

The town is a no quad zone now.

Medicine lake has trails that are ok this time of year.

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the bad ruts and skegg. Id never go back there again. You know the ruts are bad when a mud pro on 28 inch tires is getting high centred every 100 ft.

Like posted above , medicene lake is a great spot. Stage from the old gravel pit on the left at about km 12 I think it is

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the bad ruts and skegg. Id never go back there again. You know the ruts are bad when a mud pro on 28 inch tires is getting high centred every 100 ft.

Like posted above , medicene lake is a great spot. Stage from the old gravel pit on the left at about km 12 I think it is

Yes. From gravel pit some nice trails to the east. Actually some bridges and rig mats are on the trail.

f150truck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 weeks ago there was still 1-2 feet of snow is the bush, so north south trails are likely good but east west likely still lots of snow, may be tough going on quad or sxs.

Attachments

• WP_20150307_15_40_40_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20150307_15_40_40_Pro[1].jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 161

Rusty99

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents but I will never go quading at Alder flats again. Huge deep mud holes every 100m and rutted out trails. Spent most of the day's winching out & waiting for my group to get unstuck. Not my idea of fun. This was over 5yrs ago, I imagine the "trails" are in worse shape. However I'm a trail rider type guy not a mudder.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard the snow is a bit deep..

Some guys went last week.

Top Bottom