Alberta lake with ATV trails access

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
So my wife and I are looking to purchase some lake property in Alberta but we want the best of both worlds. We want to be able to enjoy the water on nice days but be able to go dirt biking with the family on windy / not so nice days. We want to basically head out to the cabin on Friday and go with what the weather gives us. Looking for a nice lake that has trails near by. Any suggestions? We live in St.Albert so north central Alberta is preferred.

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My parents live across the lake from Alberta Beach and i love it out there. They live there full time and it's beautiful. Lake is not the cleanest but usable brother inlaw has a big ass wake boarding boat and we go all over that lake with no problems. Lots of places to ride quads and dirtbikes... It has been my peaceful get away for many years and only a hour from St albert. If i had mula to buy it would be out by Long Island Lake...Lots of riding and a small lake, but prices out there are retarded.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trails at Alberta Beach are beat hard and may of them may no longer be accessible to ATV's in the future. Have you looked into the Athabasca area? There's a fair amount of trail North of Baptist, but I can't really comment about the lake itself.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out Long Lake. Lots of cabins for sale. Beautiful lake for boating...~9 miles long. Numerous trails on west side of lake (north of Long Lake Prov Park) but literally 100's of miles of trails/pipelines on east side of lake...especially great for snowmobiling. Some of the trails are even groomed by local resident Don - - (aka: Roadtech on this site). There used to be a small bridge at the north end of the lake for summer access to east side.

Last edited:

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Long lake wold be a great spot and some of the real estate is going for a decent price the last few years. The lake is normally very clean. It does get busy on weekends with the provincial park though.
for dirt biking the trails haven’t been the best though, we’ve had some super wet summers lately and there’s a lot of skeg out in that area.
I grew up out there and may know the groomer guy

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Long lake wold be a great spot and some of the real estate is going for a decent price the last few years. The lake is normally very clean. It does get busy on weekends with the provincial park though.
for dirt biking the trails haven’t been the best though, we’ve had some super wet summers lately and there’s a lot of skeg out in that area.
I grew up out there and may know the groomer guy
Nice riding out there for sure!

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies so far, we are going to be doing some looking over the winter for sure. There seems to be lots of places for sale at Skeleton lake, does anybody know what the lake is like?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skeleton Lake has had water level issues....
The water level was so low that there was no water in the narrows. I think they found a solution and things are improving.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our friends have a place at Crane Lake. We have visited. Can quad or sxs. Then boat

Top Bottom