Alberta Government Supports Trail Development

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh great, if this happens then for sure it’ll be a pre requisite to buy an ASA pass to bash people on S&M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They need to do away with the $30 tax for back woods camping. That was just bullcrap. The ones that respect nature is paying and those that don't won't be paying. 'They don't care'. I've never left a spot worst then when I arrived, but I'm the one who got to pay. If they wanted to help clean up the back country why not put out a few large dumpsters where garage can be disposed.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They need to do away with the $30 tax for back woods camping. That was just bullcrap. The ones that respect nature is paying and those that don't won't be paying. 'They don't care'. I've never left a spot worst then when I arrived, but I'm the one who got to pay. If they wanted to help clean up the back country why not put out a few large dumpsters where garage can be disposed.
The problem is there is not enough guys like you and me. A lot of people are pigs and need to be tuned in by the proper authorities. I feel it’s a small price to pay for a clean backcountry and more Rangers keeping things sane. Now people can flame away on me! 😂

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I camp now and there others near by I try to take a picture of their plates, truck or trailer. If they leave before me and there is a mess left behind I report them. I picture with them in the area of the mess should help with tickets.
Good plan. Not a lot of peeps like to get involved. Good on you!

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh great, if this happens then for sure it’ll be a pre requisite to buy an ASA pass to bash people on S&M

No it about it. First million was already dispersed to both groups with more to come. Very positive thing, with more coming for recreation in Alberta.....

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caroline, Alberta, Canadia, Earth, Milkyway
When I camp now and there others near by I try to take a picture of their plates, truck or trailer. If they leave before me and there is a mess left behind I report them. I picture with them in the area of the mess should help with tickets.
Hope they are doing the same for you to keep you accountable as well

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I catch you taking pictures of me and my site and we'll be having a chat.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I clean up lots of ch!t left behind from the city people.
Don't need Kyle and Karen taking pictures of me minding my own business
I believe you. you should be proud. If 4extreme was camped next to me and wanted to take a picture of me I would stand proud. I would likely ask him over for a beer.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys it not creep pictures. If they are gone and the place is clean the picture gets deleted from my phone. If I leave before them the pictures get deleted. I'm just trying to gather proof if needed. I'd have no problem if some took a picture of my plate. I dont walk up to their camp site, a few feet from them and take a picture, it more of a scenic shot.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
How about we keep on the original topic. Think this is great that both these organizations ran by both Chris and Garrett are being recognized and supported by our current government. The funds go to many projects. Alberta is a big area with a huge trail network. A two million dollar injection helps a fair chunk, we still need the volunteer time and efforts to maintain these trail networks.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I think I'll just close this thread until I can get to a computer and clean this ch!t up

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Tyler. Will there be more for Alberta beach sled club also someday?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s a good step in a direction, I won’t say the right direction as the gov’t is gonna want a return on that money at some point. Free camping or camping passes will turn into per night and have provincial control more than ever. Too much govt involved is never a good thing and if the NDP gets in power again look to see funding cut and projects half finished looking for donations to complete. Wouldn’t be surprised to start seeing a more constant presence of trail cops on the trail, checking and issuing fines now that are really vested in this project.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Tyler. Will there be more for Alberta beach sled club also someday?
We got a good chunk this year Drew, approximately $50,000 and the formula that has been developed by the ASA for distribution of the funds is very fair. We expect similar money for the coming years.

Top Bottom