Alberta Cancer Foundation - World's Longest Hockey Game 2011

polcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
posting for a friend at work

Hello everyone, well its almost time for the 4th "Worlds Longest Hockey Game". In February, I will be playing, for the second time, in the "Worlds Longest Hockey Game", and our goal is to play for 10 days and more importantly, raise 1 million dollars and donate it to the Alberta Cancer Foundation for the purchase of a Linear Accelerator. As most of you know I lost my Dad to cancer in 2000 and my Father-in-law to complications due to cancer in 2009 and also an uncle and just recently a family member. I know that this is a cause that is close to many of us, and has effected us all in different ways. Last game was very difficult due to the cold weather, and the fact that a few players had to play with frozen body parts is a indication of how dedicated we are as a group. I'm hoping I can count on your support by sponsoring me in this battle. I have set up a link that you can easily access to make donations. It would also be great if you could take the time to come and watch the game if you get a chance. At times during the 10 day event it becomes very difficult to stay motivated and put on the gear and get dressed in -25 weather, so everytime we see people out there in the cold with us, it really drives us to continue. I would like to thank everyone for their support in the past and am hoping I can count on you to help make a difference in the future. The game is being played at "Saikers Acres" 1 mile south of the Laughing Llama on Wye road east of Sherwood Park. It starts on Feb.11 and continues till Feb.21, so come and join us cause I know where I'll be!!

Thanks Les

Top Bottom