Alberta Budget

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, anyone making under $50,000 is considered lower class?
Wow, I thought $50,000 a year was a good wage. Guess I am living in the past.
Guess you are, as a young person if I was only making $50k there is no way I would be able to be a homeowner in any of the larger centers in western Canada. When the average house price in Canada is $420k $50k/yr doesn't go that far. Nevermind being able to sled or quad.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who the f@ck elected Jim F@ckin Prentice anyway?
What a f@ckin jackwagon that azz clown is...

I am voting Wildrose with or without Danielle F@ckin Smith that two faced bitch.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Daughter did 2 years at SAIT and her first job pays her $50,000 that's only $24/hr.... Now days you could never buy a house, save for retirement and raise children on that wage....

$1923/ bi-weekly minus tax = $1500..... cost of living in Alberta makes $3000/mth tough to make end meet.

So, anyone making under $50,000 is considered lower class?
Wow, I thought $50,000 a year was a good wage. Guess I am living in the past.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
As a member the legislature you'd be able to keep December 4th to March 9th for Revy..... They don't sit during that time.

Politics sounds like a good gig,,, Maybe a guy should run for officce,,,,hmmm

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a member the legislature you'd be able to keep December 4th to March 9th for Revy..... They don't sit during that time.

Once Im dictator err the "premier" I think I could extend that into April. Goona need a raise too, sledding ain't cheap!
You guys won't mind if I raised taxes again hey? Gotta sled.....

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Once Im dictator err the "premier" I think I could extend that into April. Goona need a raise too, sledding ain't cheap!
You guys won't mind if I raised taxes again hey? Gotta sled.....

At least you're honest about it. I'd like to run and tell the public that YES, I am corrupt, but i will promise to only be HALF as corrupt as the rest. I think it's a pretty strong campaign strategy.

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
moving away from alberta??To where?? The oil companies were all expanding like gangbusters till this downturn, and besides it is not like they can move to oil to manitoba and pump it out there, we have the oil and if they want it they will do business here

I don't think so! The market is the USA. We are burdened by transportation costs just to get the product to market and by the highest labor and equipment costs in the western hemisphere. In addition, it takes years to get permits to conduct exploration and production activities compared to days in most of the. US. We have oil and we have gas but so do they.

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
At least you're honest about it. I'd like to run and tell the public that YES, I am corrupt, but i will promise to only be HALF as corrupt as the rest. I think it's a pretty strong campaign strategy.

you got my vote..... do you need my empties to get the campaign started? or should we start a gofundme?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you think raising corporate taxes on the big guys and raising royalty rates would result in massive job loses, you have been drinking the government Kool-Aid. It's all spin. They want you to think the boogeyman will kill Alberta.

PC's can't afford to pay the public service employees so they are cutting 2000 jobs anyway. Teachers are expected to do more, with less. Classes sizes already are at 30 kids. Front line health care workers will likely be cut to meet the new reduced budget.

So I ask, how is that any different!? Higher taxes and royalties would mean better service in health, education and other government services we need/use every day.

This is a classic example of how you privatize profits and socialize the costs. Corporate welfare. Buck has been passed to the people of Alberta, and you are the one paying the price! Literally and figuratively. More taxes, more fees, less service.

These big corps already have themselves incorporated in the lowest tax jurisdictions possible, offshore accounts, creative accounting practices, tax loopholes (many in AB) etc. Where are they going to go that's any lower/better!!??

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Daughter did 2 years at SAIT and her first job pays her $50,000 that's only $24/hr.... Now days you could never buy a house, save for retirement and raise children on that wage....

$1923/ bi-weekly minus tax = $1500..... cost of living in Alberta makes $3000/mth tough to make end meet.

I moved to Edmonton Alberta in 1995 and made $12/hr so 1/2 of todays "lower income" threshold

1 bedroom basement suite separate entrance utilities in 1995 - $330/mth 2015 - $1200 ( ALMOST 4X)
gas was 29.9 now 90-ish

The consume price index does not lead one to believe that inflation has outpaced the cost of living however for certain important items twice the income is expected to cover 3-4X the cost.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea but those 2000 employees in that office tower wont be
No they wouldn't. They would be in a different office tower somewhere else. The jobs would still be there needing to get done.

And even if they weren't, 2000 office jobs cut is a far cry better than 200 000 unemployed hard working middle class people.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No they wouldn't. They would be in a different office tower somewhere else. The jobs would still be there needing to get done.

And even if they weren't, 2000 office jobs cut is a far cry better than 200 000 unemployed hard working middle class people.
SMH, so much wrong with this statement. First off that ratio is BS, secondly are all the middle class working people actually hard workers? Thirdly if someone is in an office does that mean they aren't middle class and don't work hard? If the office staff ie. management are being outsourced and taking pay cuts do you really think your high standard of living isn't going to be impacted too?

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What if we taxed everyone with a jacked up diesel?

Oh wait, we already did, fuel tax!

I think if Albertans lived more within normal peoples means, the tax increases wouldnt be so hard to swallow. Lots of people in Canada will never own their own home, 2 vehicles in front, and a garage full of toys.

Top Bottom