Alberta Budget

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think if they want to sharpen up health care put a $25-50 dollar deductible on hospital and doctor visits for incomes above a certain level, might stop grandmas with gas and kids with colds, running to emergency for everything.

Last edited:

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Visit premium is a great idea. However we also get alot if people on social assistance who take an ambulance (see cabulance) because they can get re embursed for that cost but not for a cab ride to hospital. Yet they usually can afford cigarettes and the newest iPhone.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If alot of guy's in the patch and oil in general have either lost their job's,got wages cut back or still might
loose their job's is the mighty leader and all of the other worker's sucking on the tax payer's tit going to follow
suit and take a pay cut?
Let's be honest here, if I am a trucker,rough neck,field operator, whatever, and I am taking a pay cut and you
(government employee) are feeding off of my tax's isn't it common sense that you should take a cut as well?
(that refer's to ALL gov. employee's)

Healthcare(just one example) is a very important thing, I don't dispute that. BUT................. There is ALOT of
people making ALOT of money in it. ALOT of people in admin and supervisor position's work 40 hr week's
and make pretty big coin.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find it interesting that SK are reporting a 661 million dollar shortfall on thier budget, how the heck is ab over 10x that number? Redford must have f'd things up more than we know.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As for corporate tax increases... Small business' need to thrive, Lots of closed doors if they tax more for smaller businesses..Large corps that make millions, I have no problems if they jacked up the tax.

We have been living high on the hog, at least something is being done.[/QUOTE]

The corporate tax could easily be progressive so that only larger companies have increased tax rates. I agree that we've had it good for a while with the lack of pst and a flat income tax, but it's pretty tough to be ok with more taxes when they spend it so recklessly and have minimum results to show for it.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Visit premium is a great idea. However we also get alot if people on social assistance who take an ambulance (see cabulance) because they can get re embursed for that cost but not for a cab ride to hospital. Yet they usually can afford cigarettes and the newest iPhone.

I think if they want to sharpen up health care put a $25-50 dollar deductible on hospital and doctor visits for incomes above a certain level, might stop grandmas with gas and kids with colds, running to emergency for everything.

Intersting points.

Ambulance and hospital wait times are crazy. It has not gotten any better.

Middle income people can afford a 25.00 visit charge. But they are not the ones abusing the system.

I am not sure what the best solution is.

cowboytb

Reaction score
I don't know who works a 40 hr work week any more ? I know I have not worked 40 hr work week in 15 years and just when u think you getting a head some a-hole politician hikes taxs . That's why I have not voted ever because democracy does not work even when the people speek nobody listens they do what's best for the government employees so they don't loose the pension plan or there life style. I think I want a pay raise lets hike taxes . Let's make power independent it will be cheaper ( bull sh$$) let's make natural gas independent it will be cheaper it cost me more to deliver it to my house then I use again ( bull sh$$) at this rait I will have to work till I die and I hate to see were we are when my kids are my age. Politician can all burn in hell

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know who works a 40 hr work week any more ? I know I have not worked 40 hr work week in 15 years and just when u think you getting a head some a-hole politician hikes taxs . That's why I have not voted ever because democracy does not work even when the people speek nobody listens they do what's best for the government employees so they don't loose the pension plan or there life style. I think I want a pay raise lets hike taxes . Let's make power independent it will be cheaper ( bull sh$$) let's make natural gas independent it will be cheaper it cost me more to deliver it to my house then I use again ( bull sh$$) at this rait I will have to work till I die and I hate to see were we are when my kids are my age. Politician can all burn in hell

Right now i feel like your avatar photo, getting forked in the a$$

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As for corporate tax increases... Small business' need to thrive, Lots of closed doors if they tax more for smaller businesses..Large corps that make millions, I have no problems if they jacked up the tax.

We have been living high on the hog, at least something is being done.

Great points. Raising Corporate Tax or Royalties would only take investment and jobs out of Alberta. The oil and gas industry is moving away as it is and we don't need to speed up this exodus!

Although I dont like these changes anymore than anyone else, truth is, the quality of life we enjoy in Alberta is better than almost anywhere else in the world. We are fortunate to have these "First World " problems.

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great points. Raising Corporate Tax or Royalties would only take investment and jobs out of Alberta. The oil and gas industry is moving away as it is and we don't need to speed up this exodus!

Although I dont like these changes anymore than anyone else, truth is, the quality of life we enjoy in Alberta is better than almost anywhere else in the world. We are fortunate to have these "First World " problems.

moving away from alberta??To where?? The oil companies were all expanding like gangbusters till this downturn, and besides it is not like they can move to oil to manitoba and pump it out there, we have the oil and if they want it they will do business here

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Strongly have to disagree....

He made huge cuts to Education and healthcare...

Then to cover it up, he played smoke and mirrors with the high salaried admin that he cut, they were but on display, showing how he cut their jobs but 95% of them were just moved to other gov jobs and continued collect the ridiculous salaries they were making....

Nursing and teachers are still feeling the effects of his slashing, anyone that has kids in school, as had to wait months of surgery knows all to well the effects of the legacy Ralf left this province with.....

He was like a lot of politicians a great spin doctor, he did not only balance the budget, he made it look very profitable, but at what cost....

As said earlier, most of the politicians both provincially and federally, there's just to many of them earning money off the backs of Canadians and doing next to nothing for it....
Even if a honest good guy gets elected, greed of big business and the politicians in bed with them, make it impossible to effect positive change.....

Our political systems are corrupted, just look at what's taken place here in Alberta, "Redford" "Smith"

I need a drink......

Sorry but I disagree and im old enough to know what it was like to do business with out a cell phone, what Ralph trimmed was fat, mostly administrators and beaurocrats were displaced, I wish he had put money into hwys but otherwise I think he was great, still remember well getting my 400 Ralph bucks.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Strongly have to disagree....

He made huge cuts to Education and healthcare...

Then to cover it up, he played smoke and mirrors with the high salaried admin that he cut, they were but on display, showing how he cut their jobs but 95% of them were just moved to other gov jobs and continued collect the ridiculous salaries they were making....

Nursing and teachers are still feeling the effects of his slashing, anyone that has kids in school, as had to wait months of surgery knows all to well the effects of the legacy Ralf left this province with.....

He was like a lot of politicians a great spin doctor, he did not only balance the budget, he made it look very profitable, but at what cost....

As said earlier, most of the politicians both provincially and federally, there's just to many of them earning money off the backs of Canadians and doing next to nothing for it....
Even if a honest good guy gets elected, greed of big business and the politicians in bed with them, make it impossible to effect positive change.....

Our political systems are corrupted, just look at what's taken place here in Alberta, "Redford" "Smith"

I need a drink......

That'll cost ya.....

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
moving away from alberta??To where?? The oil companies were all expanding like gangbusters till this downturn, and besides it is not like they can move to oil to manitoba and pump it out there, we have the oil and if they want it they will do business here
They can move their head offices anywhere they like including other countries as well as outsourcing a lot of the work.

Top Bottom