whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rally.jpg

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Alberta Beach 2013 Family Day Rally - Feb 18

Might attend that one to, went to the last one had a blast .

Nozzleweed

Reaction score

Just wondering. Never been to a rally either this late or early in the season. Isnt there a lot of snow around to have a rally/derby? Is this on groomed trails or something. Anyone been to this one before? Just moved to Fort Sask. Would this be in Morinville?

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alberta Beach 2013 Family Day Rally - Feb 18

For sleds, quads, sxs???

Sent from my iPhone 5

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is part of sno mo days. There should be a sled rally on the Saturday and the quad rally on Monday. Ran through there last week and snow isn't an issue.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

This is the ATV/Side by Side/Dirt bike Rally......

I'll be posting the snowmobile rally/drag race info shortly.

TG

theodus

Reaction score

I have yet to attend an ATV rally in the middle of winter...what can we expect from a grooming perspective? I have a stock Rancher 4x4 with stock tires....would I be spending the day shovelling?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

I have yet to attend an ATV rally in the middle of winter...what can we expect from a grooming perspective? I have a stock Rancher 4x4 with stock tires....would I be spending the day shovelling?

the atv rally is on a specific trail for ATV's.... I'm sure you'll do fine....

theodus

Reaction score

What kinds of machines usually show up?....just 4x4's? or sport machines? 3-wheelers? Just trying to figure out who I could invite to join me ;-)

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What kinds of machines usually show up?....just 4x4's? or sport machines? 3-wheelers? Just trying to figure out who I could invite to join me ;-)

It's mostly 4x4's. Some people show up with 2wd units but they struggle on the hills and deeper snow. If the snow is sticky at all they will likely be miserable unless the trails are well packed. At the december rally, we had a 2wd with us and the poor guy sweated his bag off.

theodus

Reaction score

Sounds good, thanks for the reply...now just to convince my wife I can go to both the snowmobile and ATV rally!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alberta Beach 2013 Family Day Rally - Feb 18

December rally was great. Fun trail.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

I'm working a checkpoint for the sled rally so maybe I'll have to take in the Quad rally....

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i ride every weekend in the winter.. We down here in Calgary have a few large groups that ride all the time.. snowing or not.. We are right in the mountains and lots of our trails have long steep climbs and decents... we get thru 99% of the time.. even on the hills, even if we have a foot of snow.. no problems.. just like snowmobiling except nothing super fast.. we cruise average 60 - 70 k all the time...

the guy on the 2 x 4 must of not bin a good rider! ..lol cause we have a 22 yr old on a 525 outlaw.. no studs.. and he makes it up every hill we do.. he has to work it on some hills but not as much as you think.. its a lot of rider and how you keep the machine in motion with speed...

heck, believe it or not we have 2 guys on dirt bikes with studded tires come with our group of quadders.. they are definetly impressive, cause they make the complete rides we do and all the hills.. but they do heav and tout some up some of the hills.. good riders forsure...

Hedge rides with us alot and will voch for what i have said here... if he reads it...lol

Nozzleweed

Reaction score

Sounds great>look forward to it. Any idea what you're expecting for turnout? Sorry to ask dumb questions. Just moved here. Alberta Beach is near Morinville? I searched Google map on AB beach and thats what shows. Will you post up a map of the start?

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sounds great>look forward to it. Any idea what you're expecting for turnout? Sorry to ask dumb questions. Just moved here. Alberta Beach is near Morinville? I searched Google map on AB beach and thats what shows. Will you post up a map of the start?

No its not near Mornville. About 45 mins wext of there. If your coming from Fort Sask take hwy37 west to Onoway then head south on 43 till you see the turn off for Alberta beach.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i ride every weekend in the winter.. We down here in Calgary have a few large groups that ride all the time.. snowing or not.. We are right in the mountains and lots of our trails have long steep climbs and descents... we get thru 99% of the time.. even on the hills, even if we have a foot of snow.. no problems.. just like snowmobiling except nothing super fast.. we cruise average 60 - 70 k all the time...

the guy on the 2 x 4 must of not bin a good rider! ..lol cause we have a 22 yr old on a 525 outlaw.. no studs.. and he makes it up every hill we do.. he has to work it on some hills but not as much as you think.. its a lot of rider and how you keep the machine in motion with speed...

heck, believe it or not we have 2 guys on dirt bikes with studded tires come with our group of quadders.. they are definitly impressive, cause they make the complete rides we do and all the hills.. but they do heav and tout some up some of the hills.. good riders for sure...

Hedge rides with us a lot and will vouch for what i have said here... if he reads it...lol

There is a lot of ice here Mark and we don't generally have studs on the tires. Also the snow doesn't really set up here, it is like sugar which can make snowmobiling fun too. I really want to get down your way for some winter quadding looks like a blast.

Nozzleweed

Reaction score

Right on thanks. I'm on it like a fat kid on a Smartie. See you guys there. Look for the lost guy in a 2010 black teryx.

eckfoo

Reaction score

Check out the other exciting new family activities going on this weekend at Alberta Beach, including of course the classic snowmobile drags, poker rallies and ATV novelty challenge.

This weekend! 30+ activities
Including
- Ice park
- CN Moonlight Express Ice Train
- Snow golf
- 5k walk and run
- Wagon rides
- Hole in one contest
- Ice chipping & Ice painting
- Open Ice curling
- Bike race
- Skating/bonfire
- fireworks
- snowmobile/atv parade
- scooter challenge and lots lots more

More info at www.albertabeachlions.com

Alberta Beach Chamber of Commerce

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It was a good time thanks to all. The river section needs to be longer way to much fun in the teryx

Top Bottom