Alberta Auto Insurance Review Survey

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good thread..... insurance in this country is criminal. Everyone needs to fill out this survey and state that change needs to occur at the federal level. The cost of new vehicles (and repairs) in this country is disgusting.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the thing that pi$$es me the most (besides the high rates): every year your rates creep up a bit, while the value of the vehicle goes down dramatically every year. Unless you have some sort of "new vehicle replacement" clause, your rates should go down based on the write-off value of the vehicle.

Example: I buy a brand new half ton for $50k. Insurance costs me 1500 a year for full coverage. 3 months of ownership, a frozen airplane turd falls out of the sky and smashes the hood, headlights, rad, and front grill out of the truck. Cost to repair is say $15k and insurance fixes it. OR nothing happens for 5 years...truck is in great shape but now only worth $18k book value...insurance costs the same or more....same frozen turd falls outta the sky and does the same damage. Insurance company will write off your truck and give you (maybe) $18k. This is BS.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you question the insurance companies about why a depreciating truck costs more every year, they say that they’re insuring the driver and not the vehicle, but when you upgrade the vehicle, the costs go up again because they tell you the new vehicle is worth more. They get you coming and going. They charge you the maximum they can based on what they think the market will bear.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Home policies the same 10 years ago $1200 now $2500 and home valued at 50% more than if I tried to sell it.

Top Bottom