Alaskan King Crab

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get it from Costco.

Alaskan king crab is $125~ per LBS currently. One leg is $80.

Costco has “Alaskan” king crab for $124/KG.

I bought a 10lbs box from Costco for $567. If you ask the meat department, they’ll package a smaller quantity if you require.

It’s from RUSSIA, if you want to support them right now… in the 70s Russian scientists took king crab from Alaska and transplanted them to the sea in Russian waters. They took off and are actually a bit larger in than the Alaskan. It’s the exact same species by the way.

Attachments

• F2BE8DB8-FE21-43DA-8713-F9FFB6F1F002.jpeg
    F2BE8DB8-FE21-43DA-8713-F9FFB6F1F002.jpeg
    369.7 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Malley's seafood in Spruce Grove, he comes up here in a van with freezers inside and has some nice stuff. King crab legs bigger around than my wrist, and huge lobster tails. He just showed up in my yard one day, thought it was odd for them to be trolling farm yards looking for sales, but he found a sucker here.

Outdoors

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get it from Costco.

Alaskan king crab is $125~ per LBS currently. One leg is $80.

Costco has “Alaskan” king crab for $124/KG.

I bought a 10lbs box from Costco for $567. If you ask the meat department, they’ll package a smaller quantity if you require.

It’s from RUSSIA, if you want to support them right now… in the 70s Russian scientists took king crab from Alaska and transplanted them to the sea in Russian waters. They took off and are actually a bit larger in than the Alaskan. It’s the exact same species by the way.
You can’t mix politics and crab….Makes Moderator Tyler hangry!

Truebro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since I can no longer get on a plane and go to the coast to stock the freezer full of chinooks, lings and halibut I’ve used these guys a couple times in the last year...

Bclivespotprawns.com

It’s supposedly local fisherman from Haida gwaii and northern island/mid coast.

So far Halibut/ sable fish and lings have been great. I did some sockeye too which was satisfying. Always questionable about chinooks...biggest fraud fish in world... the ones I got seemed legit but u can’t tell with chinook salmon what’s real and what’s farm.... crazy fraudulent industry on those guys. Unless u catch it yourself it’s impossible to know....

Conclusion- so far I would recommend these guys. Fair price, good quality...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont like seeing foreign vessels unloading at foreign ports. I dunno why Canada and the US allow that.

Support the American/ Canadian fishermen. Lately the American fleet has been fishing closer to the Russian line due to the colder water temps.

The Russians have been bending the rules on the American line anyway for years. It will be a interesting season for them this winter with the conflict. Hopefully the US military is out there helping them stay safe.

Top Bottom