Alana Nicol Memorial Ride

xp val

Reaction score
Saturday 16th./10

Where: Boulder Parking Lot

When: 6:30 pm ( BE READY TO RIDE UP BY 7:00)

What to bring: Yourself's, maybe some fireworks to set of,we'll have some but more is better.

Going up Kirkup Trail to Cabin where we'll have some burgers, hot dogs, coffee and hot chocolate. Provided by Zalas,family,friends AND REVELSTOKE SNOWMOBILE CLUB, cooking the food will be Herb Shade (i think) who thankfully donated his time, thank you Herb.
Also would like to thank Kathy and everybody at the club for helping out, what a great bunch of people cant say thank you enough.
Hope to see you there
Val

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bring a couple of photos for the plaque Val and a pair of sissors in case we need to trim them

sorry i forgot to mention on the phone
i will p/u on thursday afternoon and show at breakfast on friday

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would also thank the club and volunteers for putting together the ride for Alana. I unfortunately cannot make it cause i will be in revy the following weekend and live 8 hours away. But i would like to say that i have had the priveledge to have been served by Alana a few times as i am a frequent customer at Zala's. All the reply's on here show that not only are the sledders important to the town but the locals and bussiness are also important to the sledders as alot of us drive along way to enjoy what you locals have in your back yard and we are greatfull for the service and hospitality Alana and the rest of the staff at Zala's provide...........rip and may all the staff grieve peacefully. Dale:(

doostylz

Reaction score
See ya thursday and will be there for the weekend. A group of 8 from Alberta. Got some fireworks already to donate.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
val have the suite room at days inn if u want it let me know asap. and local calgary guys wanting fireworks, i have the permit to buy as much as the store has across the street. let me know. thanks

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'll have fireworks available at the days inn saturday. see ya there.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks dusty see ya on saturday hitting the hiway at 4 tomorrow morning if your heading out could stop in golden for coffee at about 630 or so

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Brent Thank You!!!!!! and thanks to everyone who donated and attended.
It was good for everyone. On the way up when I would look back and all I could see for what seemed miles the headlights heading up the mtn. is when it really was powerful for me and after talking to others they all felt it too. I did feel like she was there with us.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZRdyY9Sutc[/media]

Veedy

Reaction score
Website
www.farwestfilms.com
The weather was perfect for the ride. We all met at the parking lot and left in a convoy of sleds. I was the last to leave the parking lot stopping to take photo's of course. On the way up I stopped at the accident site, and shut my sled off. I was absolutely pitch black dark and silent. I looked over the edge, and there was a candle flickering beside a tree, that I later learned Val had lit at about 11:00 a.m.
A tiny little 3 inch candle had burned outdoors for 8 hours ! It was so dark and silent and the stars were the only thing lighting the atmosphere. I said " Hi Alana, i'm here ! " and I proceeded to talk like I was talking directly to her. I was about to leave to catch up with the others, and I looked down the embankment and the candle had gone out. Was very lucky timing that it went out during the 4 minutes that I was there, or a sign that she knew we were there and I could go up and join the rest at the cabin now.
We all had good times telling stories about our experiences with her, and lighting off fireworks, eating hamburgers and drinking hot chocolate. Then we had a toast to Alana, and proceeded down to her accident site where we lit more fireworks. It was so calm, peaceful and surprisingly warm last night. I took many pictures and will post a few, but mostly the video I made says it all.

Peace.

Alana's Memorial ride

My Youtube channel

RTSOKO

Reaction score
So sad this story had to take place, Alana was such a wonderful young lady.
All of you involved putting that memorial ride together deserve a huge pat on the back and the video was well done also Veedy.

Top Bottom