airbox boot

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the rubber boots on my airbox are deformed and no longer seal on the carb. can i get just the rubber part or do i need to order a complete airbox. on this one the boots are part of the air box. its a 99 powder special 700. was out today and im getting moisture inside and freezing one of the carbs.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just did some drift jumping behind my house. the 3 guys i was gonna go with bailed on me:( probably a good thing though now that i have this issue

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the rubber boots on my airbox are deformed and no longer seal on the carb. can i get just the rubber part or do i need to order a complete airbox. on this one the boots are part of the air box. its a 99 powder special 700. was out today and im getting moisture inside and freezing one of the carbs.

Do not run yur sled until you can seal up that boot. You can do some damage like lean out and burn down on that side. Try to adjust that boot. it should fit OK if you play around with it. If it is damaged for some reason you can just buy a new rubber boot. The hole in the air box should be fine.

One other thing to consider... if the boot is colapsing there may very well be some restriction in your airbox causing the sucktion from the motor to colapse the boot? Not likely but very possible?

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its not collapsing. its out of shape and dosnt seal on the carb. in the meantime im gonna buy some clamps and clamp the boot to the carb. then istall the airbos and carbs as 1 piece. its alot worse than it looks in the pic

Attachments

• DSC00240.jpg
    DSC00240.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 54

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The boots should slide nicely over the carbs and then just tighten the worm screw on the clamp? I am amazed that they might be that out of shape? If that is the case then order in new boots. Hope I'm helping??

Has yur sled been sitting outside for a long time? Is it possible the boots have dried out?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I often have to pull out the airbox shelf and get my hand down in there to get the rubber over the throttle bodies properly.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
problem is the boots are so mis shapen there is always openings. i just picked up some clamps and clamped em on then installed the box and carbs as 1 piece. what ajob that was! tight as tight can be now. bring on the snow drifts:d

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How the heck you get away with that, if i drove down century rd to get out of town the cops would be on my @ss.:(
century? i go out my alley and im in the fields in between calahoo and campsite. chew that up every now and again then cross 16 and head west to 43 and back. makes for a good day

Snowdoogie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah okay, you are right at the hwy. I'm up by the alliance church, down the alley, across the lights at grove dr. and outta town.
My nieghbor bitch's when loading on the trailer.

Top Bottom