Air Screw Adjustment

mrsummit700

Reaction score
Hey Everyone Just wondering if anyone knows off hand where I should be setting my air screw. Currently testing at i full revolution out from seated. Stock sled with single pipe and 300/main jets Engine Sound a little rough at idle have to give it a little throttle but idles without it. Thanks Edited : Carbs were running to rich with the 300's stock 290s should do the trick...Thanks for viewing

Last edited:

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone Just wondering if anyone knows off hand where I should be setting my air screw. Currently testing at i full revolution out from seated. Stock sled with single pipe and 300/main jets Engine Sound a little rough at idle have to give it a little throttle but idles without it. Thanks Edited : Carbs were running to rich with the 300's stock 290s should do the trick...Thanks for viewing
I know with my yamahas I use to have them turned out one and a half turns and it was very close I would start their and then try the sled. After that I would turn them out a 1/4 turn and try the sled again some times it will take a few trys U could also call ken at Mountain Magic he works on a lot of two stroke sleds Knows his stuff.
good luck

mrsummit700

Reaction score
Are you running dual pipes ( turned out 1 1/2 turns from seated ) I am currently testing at 1 full turn with 290's as the manual suggests

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i thought every sled was a little different... umm poo's doo's yamasquaw all the same nice that makes it easyer..... lol

Cowboy151

Reaction score
I've been running mine at 1 1/2 turns from full seat and with270 mains. I currently have 4800km on it without any problems. If you are running stock pilot jets you could turn out a little more. If you have dropped your pilot jets I would turn out less. cheers

Top Bottom