Air intake idea.Anyone tried this?Pics.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I think the snow is coming in my air box from around the headlights and into the intake vents....I changed the foam around the vents were they join the hood but got thinking of this.

Could a guy put the frog skin intake vents over the intake openings like where I'm holding the vent? Would having it double screened there restrict to much air?Because you would have the frog skin one and then the stock hood one on the outside of the hood.

Anyone try this?Or bad idea?

IMG002781.jpg

IMG002791.jpg

Kruchy

Reaction score
Have not tried that. My only problem is to much snow blocking those vents off. Do you know for sure snow is getting into air box? I was in some pretty crazy snow last weekend and didn't take snow in. I know guys with Doo's that restricted intake and they ran like crap.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Have not tried that. My only problem is to much snow blocking those vents off. Do you know for sure snow is getting into air box? I was in some pretty crazy snow last weekend and didn't take snow in. I know guys with Doo's that restricted intake and they ran like crap.

Yup pretty sure snow is getting in there LOL

IMG002711.jpg

Media_CardBlackBerrypicturesIMG002721.jpg

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats what my sled did as well. i purchased the slip intake for the M8 and i got some silicone and some more foam and filled it as much as possible and sealed it. seems to work so far

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I have frogskins over the upper fresh air intakes. You can get them from Cat.

So i shouldnt have a problem if i put them on the air intakes were it hooks up to the hood then buy the headlights.I was thinking on putting a set of frogskins on there , then new foam and then put it back together.The snow isnt getting in threw the factory ones.is coming threw the head lights and going in were the intake meets the hood if you know what i mean.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i shouldnt have a problem if i put them on the air intakes were it hooks up to the hood then buy the headlights.I was thinking on putting a set of frogskins on there , then new foam and then put it back together.The snow isnt getting in threw the factory ones.is coming threw the head lights and going in were the intake meets the hood if you know what i mean.

Yes you are correct, you can cover the fan looking holes with some frog skin. I was unsure at first where you were talking about. Cover any open hole with them. It wont hurt anything..

This is my atempt to get as much air in a possible

Attachments

• Afterhours 023.jpg
    Afterhours 023.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 230
  • Afterhours 024.jpg
    Afterhours 024.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 230

Kruchy

Reaction score
Yes you are correct, you can cover the fan looking holes with some frog skin. I was unsure at first where you were talking about. Cover any open hole with them. It wont hurt anything..

This is my atempt to get as much air in a possible
How does that work. If I dont buy a new 2012 I may do that. :beer:

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen similar issues with water inside intake ... but not to that extent! Good to be thinking outside the box. One other thing to consider would be snow and ice building up between the filter and the frogskin on the plenum and turning to ice. But there really shouldn`t be that much getting in through there so that shouldn't be that much of a problem. What do you have to loose? Worth while trial IMO. I am not sold on the BD black box yet. Seems a little cheezy for the $$$ IMO.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How does that work. If I dont buy a new 2012 I may do that. :beer:

I have not tested it yet. My hood is also full of holes. It is the BDX system. I have heard that the D&D firebreather is also very good. All i was told was more air is better.

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got this one here works good no snow don't get in there and keep your stock box..2 on top and 2 under the air box....brent from arctic edge motorsports made them for me......

Attachments

• nfld 174.jpg
    nfld 174.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 177
  • sled updates 016.jpg
    sled updates 016.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 182

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not tested it yet. My hood is also full of holes. It is the BDX system. I have heard that the D&D firebreather is also very good. All i was told was more air is better.

I have the same setup. It works good, just have to seal up every single gap you can see with silicone, including where the bumper meets the belly pan. Also might want to put some foam in the front where the front two vents of the hood meet the bumper - there's a gap there. I'm also most likely going to do something along the sides of the hood where it meets the side panels and belly pan. I get some snow packed around the front of the intake, and that's the only source left. Also, prepare yourself for a whole lot of noise... Makes an awesome sound though, sounds more like a dog than a cat ;)

To the person who said the BDX seems pricey... You get more in this setup for what you pay for than you do with the D&D one and other intakes... IMO.

Top Bottom