tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine have been in for 8 years

Never any different than what I have them set to

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Firestone for 2 years and mine never loose air. Manual fill as well. Very happy with them.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine will seep after a few days, I've been under there with soap and water, but damned if I can find where it's coming from, I keep the bags clean and I've hit them the hardest with the soap and water, so I'm confident it's not the bags, probably one of the push in connectors. I've pressured them right up, had a heavy load and tried to find a leak, but nothing. I'm thinking maybe one of the connectors maybe loosens a tad or twists a bit when I'm driving a lets a bit of air out.

Sent from my iPad

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine will seep after a few days, I've been under there with soap and water, but damned if I can find where it's coming from, I keep the bags clean and I've hit them the hardest with the soap and water, so I'm confident it's not the bags, probably one of the push in connectors. I've pressured them right up, had a heavy load and tried to find a leak, but nothing. I'm thinking maybe one of the connectors maybe loosens a tad or twists a bit when I'm driving a lets a bit of air out.

Sent from my iPad
you use manual fill valves? sometimes they can leak a bit

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
On my 08 GMC, I noticed the connectors would leak a little with an on board compressor and the push-in connectors. I couldn't find a leak but the idea of leaking while moving was a distinct possibility. Sometimes new technology isn't as good as the good ol' fashioned hand tighten nuts and bolts!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my 08 GMC, I noticed the connectors would leak a little with an on board compressor and the push-in connectors. I couldn't find a leak but the idea of leaking while moving was a distinct possibility. Sometimes new technology isn't as good as the good ol' fashioned hand tighten nuts and bolts!
the only place I have the push ins are on the bags themselves, to tee them together and running to the cab I used compression fittings. from my experience those connectors are good for an inside environment, but not good with cold or vibration. I'm quite surprised that they haven't given me trouble on mine....yet lol

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Firestone 2000 lb bags and underhood compressor on my F150. Great system. Smooth ride and the headlights are where they should be.

calvan4js

Reaction score
1995 GMC 1/2 ton , firestone air bags , manual fill ,never leak ,inflate for load then deflate to around 10 lbs for unloaded driving. still good.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do, I never did check those.

Sent from my iPad

I pitch those push in connectors, I use compression ferrel fittings. I keep a couple joiners in the glove box too. Never had a leak yet.

Wireless air set up is awesome, but I put a switch in. After the bags are set I turn it off as I hate it when it turns on/off when the load shifts. I've had firestone bags and Carli

I'm running Firestone and cradles on this truck, very happy

Top Bottom